Anyone going to the Maryland Deathfest?

Crib Notes

-Street kids in Tempe are almost all white, aged 14 to 26. A few grew up in the Valley, the rest are from points across America. Most drink and smoke pot, and roughly half are junkies who picked up the needle once they were on the streets, not before. They call modern society "Babylon." A lot of them carry knives or bludgeons, and a few are dangerously violent. The more innocuous majority are merely walking image problems for downtown Tempe.

-"Pat," she says when he returns, "Pat, I dropped the dope."
"What?"
"I dropped the dope when we ran away! I'm sorry."
Pat blows her off.
"It was just some pot. Don't worry about it."
"No, I had a piece in there, too."
Now she has Pat's full attention.
"You had more heroin?"
"Yeah, I broke some off earlier. I was saving it for us."

"Like a surprise?" Pat reaches out and strokes her hair. "Oh, baby, that's so sweet."

-While they were gone, Zach flew off on a tangent about how it's possible to time-travel if you inject enough crystal meth, and how he knows because he used to have a sugar daddy in San Francisco who kicked him down a gram of speed a day. "All I had to do was let him suck me off."

-""What happened at Salvation Army?" Cisco asks.
"Some tweaker asshole," Smokey says. "He came up on Marcia right after she took her pants down to pee, and he wouldn't go away, so I was like, 'Whap, whap, whap.'" Smokey punches air: right jab, left jab, right cross. "The guy's sunglasses were all broken and sticking in his face. It was funny."

-Spam takes a hardy schwill, then sniffs an armpit and says he needs a shower, bad. "It's not the funk," he says. "I don't mind the way I smell. It's that my arms are black." Spam pulls one sleeve of his hoodie up to reveal a forearm caked with dirt. "Man, I hate it when I get this dirty. I'm gonna have to soap that shit up three times to get it off."

-Now he's a street junkie, and likes it that way.
"I could be in college right now if I wanted. But I've played that game, and I realized that this Babylonian, societal paradigm of a sorry excuse for what we call civilization is a bunch of bullshit." Chris spreads his arms and circles them in the air. "These are the last days of Rome, man. The fiddle player's warming up, you know what I'm saying? And when all this shit comes crashing down, it's the street kids who will build a new world. We're the cockroaches."

-Spam warns everyone he's about to take off his shoes, and then he does. Phinius recoils from the stench.

"Hey," Spam says, "sneaker rot is bad, but at least I don't have bugs." Cherokee and Phinius agree bugs are the worst. "It's getting so you have to check somebody's dreds before you give them a hug," Spam says. "Body parasites freak me out."

-"My crack sometimes gets lined with feces", says Milkbread, "yea, it gets a little uncomfortable, but I'm not a dude who's looking to give anal."

I saw a flock of these fucking crust punk losers the other day on the side streets of Coney Island. It was my first encounter with them.

when I parked my car and passed by them on the way to the park, there were 2 sleeping on top of one another, one chick and a dude. shit and crap all around them.
it was too late to cross the street when I passed them ... was even pissed that I had to roll the baby carriage next to them.

On the way back a few hours later, the two winners were awake and chatting it up with 3 other scumbags that showed up. all in a circle sitting on the sidewalk like it was the Bill Maher show discussing I am sure very important topics (and blocking the fucking way). All of them looked quite young and capable of at least manning a toll booth for a living.

I fucking hate young people that are lazy fucks on purpose.

How's fatherhood treating you?

Zod

its awesome man!!! Best thing ever. Can't imagine my life any other way now. :D

the only reco I have for peeps still thinking about kids though is do it while you're younger. my back and legs really hurt :loco:

its awesome man!!! Best thing ever. Can't imagine my life any other way now. :D

the only reco I have for peeps still thinking about kids though is do it while you're younger. my back and legs really hurt :loco:
Also, your grandchildren won't find your wheelchair very "fly" or "hip", but maybe you can outdrool them :loco:

Initial details have been revealed for next year’s highly anticipated Maryland Deathfest. The festival will take place from May 28th to May 30th and the first bands to be confirmed are as follows:

ENTOMBED
OBITUARY
PENTAGRAM
EYEHATEGOD
SINISTER
INCANTATION
PORTAL
HAEMORRHAGE
IMPALED
GRIDLINK
INGROWING
GRIDE
MASSGRAVE
BIRDS OF PREY
FUCK THE FACTS
TOMBS
HOWL

Maybe Portal will make up a few more tour dates? That would be awesome. Otherwise, aside from them and Incantation, these headliners don't seem so interesting.

Fuck I feel like I'm turning into dorian, et al. Not very excited about music <S>anymore</S> lately.

They said that they would announce the headliners later. This was just the first list of bands.

"Headliners and many more bands are still TBA. Headliner announcements could come within the next 1-2 weeks."

Wait. What? Portal?
I might actually go to that and leave immediately after their set.

Fuck I feel like I'm turning into dorian, et al. Not very excited about music <S>anymore</S> lately.

eh? I rocked out all day as a matter of fact. I have plans to buy a new bass. Some new strings for the guitar. Maybe a mistress or two. I'm having a veritable music renaissance here

Saw em at the Hostile City Deathfest on saturday. They weren't bad at all actually, and i usually don't like that kind of grind. The cool melodic breaks made the difference. The chick vocalist is pretty cute, too.

I don't have anything from them but have always pretty much enjoyed what I have heard when other people played them. And she is rather cute.

Initial details have been revealed for next year’s highly anticipated Maryland Deathfest. The festival will take place from May 28th to May 30th and the first bands to be confirmed are as follows:

ENTOMBED
OBITUARY
PENTAGRAM
EYEHATEGOD
SINISTER
INCANTATION
PORTAL
HAEMORRHAGE
IMPALED
GRIDLINK
INGROWING
GRIDE
MASSGRAVE
BIRDS OF PREY
FUCK THE FACTS
TOMBS
HOWL

Melechesh, Coffins, and Jesus Crost(Holland) have been added. There is a possible special one off but I can't go into it at the moment. Headliners should be announced soon.