Are You Afraid?

I have a germ problem, which I can basically live with. It's not really a fear so much as it is a... umm.. ok it's a fear. But I can overcome it if I have to, without being significant'y bothered. But let's just say I wash my hands a lot. :p

Another fear is something I experience more when I'm in a house with stairs. If I ever have to turn out the lights downstairs and then walk up the stairs in the pitch black, I feel this overwhelming need to run up the stairs as fast as possible or someone is going to grab me. It doesn't always happen, but it's kind of freaky when I get that feeling.

Rusty said:
Good gods Hilj, you had to post a link. How am I supposed to not click on a link I know I'll hate?? :bah::ill:

:p
Isn't it funny how the human mind works sometimes
wink.gif

Tebus: If I'm in a dark forest or foresty place, I'll get that same feeling..
(turns out I am afraid of something afterall :q )
Oh and I'm also a hygene homo, but I'd like to think of it as a good thing; under control; and definitely not a compulsive, or in any other way negative, thing

Tebus said:
Another fear is something I experience more when I'm in a house with stairs. If I ever have to turn out the lights downstairs and then walk up the stairs in the pitch black, I feel this overwhelming need to run up the stairs as fast as possible or someone is going to grab me. It doesn't always happen, but it's kind of freaky when I get that feeling.
Me too. :eek: Err, do you mean that it doesn't always happens that someone grabs you? ;) :loco:

Rusty said:
Heh, you should've seen how much I squirmed in the cinema when Shelob appeared in Return of the King. :p
i looked to the ground during the whole shelob part. i dared to look for a few seconds and suddenly turned my eyes away in fear, terror and disgust. :D

Tebus said:
I have a germ problem, which I can basically live with. It's not really a fear so much as it is a... umm.. ok it's a fear.
You sound like my mother, except I'm sure she's much worse.

I feel this overwhelming need to run up the stairs as fast as possible or someone is going to grab me. It doesn't always happen, but it's kind of freaky when I get that feeling.
Oh, I'm all too familiar with this feeling. I'm nocturnal and I have to be super quiet when I go downstairs. I do this in the dark. Going downstairs is a lot slower for the sole reason that I don't want to slip and die :p Going back up is another story. My imagination goes into overdrive and I get paranoid that something will emerge from the darkness to attack me. So far, no one or nothing has grabbed me (touch wood) :D

I hate loud noises :bah:
Unless its metal :D :D
No, loud music is okay ;) but noises suck :bah:

They make me ..anxious too :/

I've got a tummyphobia too :p
My own, that is :p
I cant eat if I dont like my tummy :(
I dont want to eat anymore then :'(

for a long time I felt disgusted by...BUTTONS! you know, plastic buttons like on shirts for example. I couldn't wear anything that had buttons on it. today I can wear shirts with buttons, but it's better for me when the buttons are just black instead of transparent. transparent or generally brighter buttons are not good. also, I still hate buttons on my underwear, it feels gross...

Caelestia said:
A few hours ago, I made the mistake of clicking on a link that led me to a pic of a woman's breast infested with larvae. I know it's fake, but GAH! That drove me nuts, and it's still bothering me. I managed to get it out of my head a couple of times but people keep reminding me of it :yell:
This is not exactly a very gentle thing to say about people, is it? :rolleyes:

Alfred (too many people)