Are you looking forward to a concert?

My mum (!) called me to tell me that Annihilator is playing close to her hometown (of course she only told me because she was hoping I'd pay her a visit then ;) )
But we're already on the guestlist for Testament tonight in Belgium, so it's Testament tonight(uh....quite a bit of a Testament-overlaod this year...) Oh well, I will watch Annihilator again on thursday in Wacken.

Testament were cool, I liked this show the best so far from those I've seen this year. Maybe this was due to me being somewhere in front, constantly having either boots or whole bodies in my face or back.....

Steve D. seemed to like my VFTSG shirt btw :D I also noticed that the name/nick "mr V" really has settled now. Some crew members also showed reaction to the shirt and referred to a certain mr V, hehe :p

Review of the show should be up later tonight, interview with Steve Smyth to follow some time later (after WOA, that's for sure)

I JUST got back into Korea yesterday, and I realized that Arch Enemy is playing at some festival in Busan (or Pusan) on Friday. Now, I just have to see if I can get a rental car tomorrow... and if I can leave work early enough. This should kick ass! Maybe I should see who else is playing... (and they better have copies of Anthems of rebellion there to purchase!

cddisc.gif
Grey Skies Fallen -- The Fate of Angels -- The Great Fall
/* random quote */
Is the gentle rain a quality of his

Hmm I wouldn't mind seeing Children of Bodom or Amon Amarth. Might be kind of hard to get there though...won't have a car or anything. I'll just have to find some metal friends at school somehow. Or convert some people :D

The Nomad said:
I JUST got back into Korea yesterday, and I realized that Arch Enemy is playing at some festival in Busan on Friday.

Well, I had a pretty lenghty update on this, but IE died. This will be more brief.

But I'm all set to go! I have wheels (though it runs on LPG, :puke: ), and I have directions. I have to miss the first 3 hours because of work, but that's mostly Korean bands that I'm only slightly interested in seeing.

According to the Visions of Atlantis website (below), they're expecting 25,000 people for the 1 stage. I might have trouble getting as close as I'd like. We'll see how it goes.

However, tonight's headliners look good:
  • Crash (30 minutes). Good thrash metal. I have 2 of their CDs after seeing them on MTv a couple weeks ago. You can check out a clip at my travelling music site: http://nomadwolf.dhs.org/travel/music/index.html#crash
  • Soilwork (40 minutes). I've seen them twice already and heard several songs, and I'm unimpressed. Maybe 3rd time's the charm.
  • Arch Enemy (60 minutes!). The reason I found out about the festival, and since I'll miss their US tour... Really psyched about this. More pictures of Angela (and the rest of the guys, naturally). If I can get close enough, that is.

Tomorrow is mostly korean bands with a few exceptions.
  • Discotruck (20 minutes) is just a fun band to listen to. Not quite metal. Listen to the clip at the link. Decide for yourself.
  • Visions of Atlantis (40 minutes). It seems they're Austrian and aren't too bad from the couple clips I listend to
  • Skyfire (40 minutes)- Never heard of this Swedish band. It's compared to Bodom on the festival page.
  • Rage (60 minutes) - Never heard of this German band either. We'll see how it goes.

Keep on rotting.

cddisc.gif
Arch Enemy -- Wages Of Sin -- Behind the Smile
/* random quote */
"Have you ever had a date
With an oracle
That told you some of her secrets?"
-In the Woods... "Kairos!"

Soilwork don't do too much for me either, escapes me why but that's how it is.
I'm probably biased when it comes to Rage, they were one of the first bands I listened to when I got into metal and I've seen them about 20 times by now. I guess it's safe to say that I like them ;)I'm curious to finally see Arch Enemy live when they will be touring with Nevermore over here in September/October.

Next thing I'm looking forward to is Summer Breeze of course (though one of my favourites, Darkane cancelled...). I'm still hoping Mocika and Phyros can make it over here as well.....so mr V, you're warned, some forumers will be there :D

Well, it's concert time again today. The sun burns man and beast alike with 35°+ and it's an open-air concert starting in the afternoon (should I really wear black???). Here's the lineup:

Naca7
Hollenthon
Project Pitchfork
Pungent Stench
Apocalyptica
Wolfsheim

Actually, I didn't like any of the bands I listed for Saturday. and I still don't like Soilwork... :D

I did find a new korean band, Down in a Hole. Not especially good, but still. The female vocalist isn't too bad... (that's what always suckers me in). Also picked up the new (how new?) Sad Legend EP, and some unreleased tracks from Oathean...

cddisc.gif
Kalmah -- Swamplord -- Withering Away
/* random quote */
"What I hunger for is the trial of God"
-My Dying Bride "Two Winters Only"

The International Tussler Society, are playing both the 13th and the 14th.... but damn! I dont have any mony until i get paid, and that is the 15th!!! gah!!

AE were pretty damn good. I'm horrible at remembering set lists, but there's on in the AE forum. This was an outdoor festival, and I got near the front, but I'm used to MUCH smaller venues, so it was irritating to be that far back. But the energy and sound was pretty good, and the crowd was pretty into it. Curiously, I didn't think Angela's vox were as good as usual, but I hadn't seen them for over a year and a half, so maybe I forgot how she sounds live...

cddisc.gif
O Brother, Where Art Thou? Soundtrack -- Alison Krauss - Down in the River to Pray
/* random quote */
So beautiful is your naivete
Angelic... pathetic... I'll break your fucking wings