Are you still a CoB fan? When will you stop being a fan?

Are you still a CoB fan?

• Total voters
johnnyisleet said:
It's funny how identical Metallica and Children of Bodom's paths are. If you look at their first albums Something Wild and Kill em' all they were both so raw and crazy. You take the second album Ride the Lightning and Hatebreeder and you see an amazing maturity and instant classics, you goto the third album and you get Follow The Reaper and Master of Puppets, both argueably their best albums. .....And justice for had a very similar movement away from the previous three albums as did Hate Crew Death Roll. Finally behold The Black Album which was a slight variation to their old albums but still had the classic heavy metallica riffs and solo's. I liked the black album and it did have some classic songs, but it was just a movement away from what i liked them for. Which would almost be the exact case in Are you Dead Yet? The same thing happened with metallica fans they all split into two, some fans being old school metallica fans, others just liked enter sandman and nothing else matters. basically my point is..

Next thing we know alexi is going to cut his hair and goto rehab.
but i'll still listen to all of their shit because their the greatest gift metal has ever been given.

I thought about the same thing, but I think Hatebreeder is Bodoms Master of Puppets/Number of the Beast...Follow the Reaper had something new, like And justice for all/Powerslave, Hate Crew Deathroll was also alot different, but it kicks ass, just like black Album/Fear of The Dark, thought some of the old schoolers don't like it. Are you Dead Yet is somewhere between Reload and St. Anger. It still has solos...thas why its between those two...

Like Metallica, Bodom should have followed their Follow the Reaper/...and justice way...they wouldn't get boring and repeative, but still kick ass...

I voted yes. AYDY wasn't as good as the last 4 albums obviosuly but i still like it. And even if i disliked it as much as some of the people on this board i'd still consider myself a fan. Shit i still consider myself a Metallica fan even though i only listen up to the justice album, and im a huge dream theater fan dispite hating octavarium

In Your Face said:
why is being 'emo' so offensive? its like calling a jewish person a nazi to you people. I guess I just don't understand the awesome ways of being 'metal' i guess i was never made fun of in HS that much for having longer hair than my teacher? or wrinkled, faded metallica shirts?

Because Emo is generally 13-17 year olds. No one lieks these people, because they arn't even considerd people.

Plus, Emo is seen as strictly a passing fad, yet all these little fucks think its their life, becuase they are stupid and 15 years old. Most emo kids I met are actually rich litte shits, who drive their parent's cars (if old enough even), and have fancy mp3 players and expensive Hot Topic clothing. Most are too fucking selfish, they bithc and complain their life is dark and sad, when really they get to eat every day and have a safe place to sleep, which is what many people in the world dont get.

These little shits main and complain and just generally dont shut up and dont know what the fuck they are talking about. The ones I have encounterd claim to be artsy and are creative, when really they just have enough money to buy a good camera and know how to press the "shoot" button. If you dont belive me these perople are selfish, just go onto myspace.com and look at how many emo fucks take their own pictures.

The reason why alot of peopel alo hate them, is they call themselves "punk" or "metal", when they are indeed emo, and I know if I save up $60 or so to enjoy a concert and buy some drinks with friends, I dont want these fuckers getting in my way.

The Emo music, I can easily avoid, I hate it, but I dont have to listen to so it doesn't bother me really. It's the Emo fucking kids I used to share my school with, and that go to the shows I go to, because my town in infested with them....

P.S. for teh record, I never have, and dont think I will lablem myself "metal". Im too nerdy to be metal

CliffBurton said:
Because Emo is generally 13-17 year olds. No one lieks these people, because they arn't even considerd people.

Plus, Emo is seen as strictly a passing fad, yet all these little fucks think its their life, becuase they are stupid and 15 years old. Most emo kids I met are actually rich litte shits, who drive their parent's cars (if old enough even), and have fancy mp3 players and expensive Hot Topic clothing. Most are too fucking selfish, they bithc and complain their life is dark and sad, when really they get to eat every day and have a safe place to sleep, which is what many people in the world dont get.

These little shits main and complain and just generally dont shut up and dont know what the fuck they are talking about. The ones I have encounterd claim to be artsy and are creative, when really they just have enough money to buy a good camera and know how to press the "shoot" button. If you dont belive me these perople are selfish, just go onto myspace.com and look at how many emo fucks take their own pictures.

The reason why alot of peopel alo hate them, is they call themselves "punk" or "metal", when they are indeed emo, and I know if I save up $60 or so to enjoy a concert and buy some drinks with friends, I dont want these fuckers getting in my way.

The Emo music, I can easily avoid, I hate it, but I dont have to listen to so it doesn't bother me really. It's the Emo fucking kids I used to share my school with, and that go to the shows I go to, because my town in infested with them....

P.S. for teh record, I never have, and dont think I will lablem myself "metal". Im too nerdy to be metal

:worship: :kickass: Good man, glad you addressed it.

In Your Face said:
why is being 'emo' so offensive? its like calling a jewish person a nazi to you people. I guess I just don't understand the awesome ways of being 'metal' i guess i was never made fun of in HS that much for having longer hair than my teacher? or wrinkled, faded metallica shirts?
Do you know what nationalism about?
Do you know what nazi means?
You raised a shit example.

I just totally agree with Cliff Burton... and just check your avatar man.
You're posing with an Alexi signature model guitar. I guess you dye your hair and buy the newest t-shirts from the merchandise.
These fuckers get all they want cause of the rich parents and one thing more what I'll never understand: in Hungary the instruments are very expensive and the poorest bastards have the best guitars just for posing.
They don't know shit, they don't play it, they can't play it, they just have it because mommy bought it for the lil' son.

And what's that I feel confused in a COB concert?!
Just what the fuck is that? Most of the crowd are emo and hardcore fannies.

Nah c'mon, IYF it's your turn.

My brother is an emo lol. I might try to convert him to a non emo or let him find out how much emo sucks on his own.

Peti said:
Do you know what nationalism about?
Do you know what nazi means?
You raised a shit example.

I just totally agree with Cliff Burton... and just check your avatar man.
You're posing with an Alexi signature model guitar. I guess you dye your hair and buy the newest t-shirts from the merchandise.
These fuckers get all they want cause of the rich parents and one thing more what I'll never understand: in Hungary the instruments are very expensive and the poorest bastards have the best guitars just for posing.
They don't know shit, they don't play it, they can't play it, they just have it because mommy bought it for the lil' son.

And what's that I feel confused in a COB concert?!
Just what the fuck is that? Most of the crowd are emo and hardcore fannies.

Nah c'mon, IYF it's your turn.

Uhh, what does nationalism have to do with anything?

And using the nazi analogy, i was simply implying that 'emo' is used as an offensive slam to someone who doesn't fit your true metal stereotype (one of the many), Just as calling someone of the jewish faith a nazi would, rightfully so, piss them off. I just find it hilarious that it has turned into such an insult and pisses you all off so much. I mean, some of the things I read here are basically "alexi shit green today, ZOMSORZZZ he's so emo!" (sorry, i don't know the internet language with numbers and all caps that you all do... not that cool yet!!! )

I mean, I say some pretty outrageously retarded things too, but usually its completely sarcastic and in spite of the dumb shit that you all believe.

As far as my avatar.. WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING!? that isn't even me. I don't even own a single CoB or music shirt... wait, I have a Beatles shirt that I wear sometimes, but thats it.

I play a G&L s-500 that I bought used on the internet for $600... Just shut the hell up about the avatar, your generalization was completely off.

And on the issue of guitars in hungary... Aside from it not really making much sense... sorry to hear that all the poor people own the best guitars.. who cares if their mom buys it for them? like you said.. they can't play it, they don't know how to.. isn't being able to play the damn thing the important part? Or are you one of those players who feels that only the best players can have nice instruments?

Who cares if they can't play as well as you can, if they have the ability to have a nice instrument, MORE POWER TO THEM... Jealousy isn't pretty, peti...

And lastly, when I go to show... i don't pay attention to 'emo fannies' or 'metal heads'... they all look the same to me. Trying to make a statement based upon their musical preferences. Big deal. I go to watch the band play because the music is what matters most.. not the smelly, drunk guy next to me frantically shaking his head back and fourth, whats that called again, "headbanging?"

and... @ CLIFFBURTON:

I see where you're coming from. A lot of what you said I really do agree with now. Thanks for taking the time to actually ligitimately explain it to me.

Well said.

In Your Face said:
Uhh, what does nationalism have to do with anything?
You used the word 'nazi' and you don't know what does nationalism have to do with that all. Ok, I don't care about it so much but then don't use words you don't know their meanings.:guh:

As far as my avatar.. WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING!? that isn't even me. I don't even own a single CoB or music shirt... wait, I have a Beatles shirt that I wear sometimes, but thats it.

I play a G&L s-500 that I bought used on the internet for $600... Just shut the hell up about the avatar, your generalization was completely off.
Then you pridefully put an emo dork to your avatar, ok:zombie:

And on the issue of guitars in hungary... Aside from it not really making much sense... sorry to hear that all the poor people own the best guitars.. who cares if their mom buys it for them? like you said.. they can't play it, they don't know how to.. isn't being able to play the damn thing the important part? Or are you one of those players who feels that only the best players can have nice instruments?
No you misunderstood. It was my response to what emo ppl do.
Those consequential ones who look down on the real musicians who try to make good music but the labels don't want them - even it's good music - because this world needs the crap (that the emo plays), and they rather grant the bastards.

And lastly, when I go to show... i don't pay attention to 'emo fannies' or 'metal heads'... they all look the same to me. Trying to make a statement based upon their musical preferences. Big deal. I go to watch the band play because the music is what matters most..
It's ok but when these kids think that they own the world it's getting annoying.

not the smelly, drunk guy next to me frantically shaking his head back and fourth, whats that called again, "headbanging?"
:rolleyes::zombie:

All I can say is, it doesnt matter what anyone else says. Everyone has their own opinion and honestly, when it comes to AYDY, I dont understand why everyone is soooo fucking picky and doesn't even want to touch their new album. I think its just fine and as for If you want peace...prepare for war, that is a crazy ass song and the solo makes me go crazy.....it may not top Michael Romeo's solos but they are pretty damn crazy

I've been a fan since FTR, and it's gonna take som really crap music before I can say that I'm not a fan anymore. Imho, the music has progressed in the natural direction, showing a more grownup side of CoB. Even though the first records presented their trademark sound, HCDR and AYDY still is as bodom-ish as it gets.