Asian Extreme Metal Bands

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
I've been really enjoying Intestine Baalism, Holymarsh and Sad Legend so far, so I was wondering what people had to say about some other Asian bands. Their isolation from the rest of the metal scene seems to give a unique twist to their music.

So... any recommendations/opinions?

J. said:
Church of Misery and Corrupted spring to mind. And of course Sigh.

Thanks for the ideas. I have 4 Sigh albums already, just haven't got around to them.

Anything in the way of a description you can offer me of the others? Just out of curiosity, of course.

Are Vomit Remnats Asian?? I had no idea...

Sabbat (Japan)
Good thrashy black metal.

Chtonic (Tiawan)
Melodic black metal. Interesting and original.

Moonshine (Korea)
Good melodic black metal.

Ululate (China)
Burzum influenced black metal. The music is decent, but the vocals are horrible.

Ritual Carnage (Japan)
Good thrash from Japan.

IAmEternal said:
I've been really enjoying Intestine Baalism, Holymarsh and Sad Legend so far

YES. Um, you deserve recommendations for that.

Vomit Remnants are awesome groove-oriented death metal.

Boris are really fucking excellent drone/psychedelic rock/stoner,post-rock, but they're only metal like 1/3 of the time.

Abigail are really good thrashy black metal from Japan. Try out the album Intercourse & Lust.

There are plenty more, but start with those.

IAmEternal said:
Anything in the way of a description you can offer me of the others? Just out of curiosity, of course.

Church of Misery are stoner doom in the vein of Electric Wizard, except bluesier, and less heavy at times with lyrics involving serial killers. They're actually very good.

Corrupted are sludge, but I haven't heard that much from them.

If you like those two bands, check out dot(.), another Japanese stoner/sludge band, and Eternal Elysium, a Japanese Sabbath-style band.

ubiquitos said:
Blood Stain Child aren't bad but sound a little too much like children of bodom

They actually sound exactly like Skyfire. Power metal-pacing, quick drumming, silly melodic riffs, and FAR TOO FUCKING MUCH keyboard wankery.

All hailing from the Philippines

KNK (Kabao ni Kamatayan) - Death
Iconoclast (from the Philippines but now in Texas,USA) - Gothic
Rumblebelly - Death
Sea of Rains - Gothic
Mortal Grudge - Death
Skychurch (early) - Metalcore

And one of the most promising band in the Philippines --- Roses of Shadow (Gothic - death) hehe.
I hope it is though...

Oh i forgot, Subkulture - Tribal Core (influence from Sepultura, Soulfly and Pantera). Their lyrics is mainly about indigenous tribes here in the Philippines that were forgotten and left behind by our fucking government.

:headbang:

tara said:
If you really want to find lots of Japanese bands, I would check out the Metal Archives website

Oh, I have, but personal recommendations are a lot easier to follow than reading through a list of bands. A lot of the bands listed look like such crap...

V.V.V.V.V., Thanks again for the help, man. Those descriptions are quite enticing...

I've heard a shitload of good things about Sabbat. Been meaning to get a few of their 7" recordings (since its all they seem to release).

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention S.O.B. and 324...that is, if you like any grindcore type stuff.