ASK MATT

I can understand that the fans want to hear old favourites, and the more albums a band releases then the less free space they have in the set, but it's a curiosity of mine. In Vindickator we got bored of playing Lust for Flesh after about a year of shows, so we haven't played it since 2011.

@ MetalliFan - Chill, the man's got a life you know :loco: (also, I'm guessing the guys will be busy seeing as though they out on tour with Kreator tomorrow)

Have you ever heard of the guitar duet Rodrigo and Gabriela? And if so, do you like them?
They have this awesome metal background/inspiration and translate it to "spanish" sounding music through their acustic guitars, that's a band where I can definately hear heavy mgadeth/metallica influnces to their riffs.

I know I have, and they're excellent.

i honestly haven't got tired of playing anything yet, it's all still fun to play. There's songs i don't want to play live because i think they don't translate well to a live setting, but other than that nothing has grown tiresome for me yet.

I don't think we've approached many shows with a "just get it done" attitude, in fact very very few, for me playing live is the thing i enjoy most out of everything we do, so i'm normally pretty happy on stage, apart from a couple incidents that were out of our control but you just make the best you can with whats available. except one time at the red rooms in vancouver, i was very visibly pissed off at that show due to noise curfews, dodgy power, dreadful stage monitoring and un co-operative people, gear breaking, set being cut to 3 songs, plus we played infected nations so badly that we actually had to start it again. thats maybe the most unprofessional thing we've done on stage, restart a song, very embarrassing, i would love to be able to say that never happened but it did. I'll be playing thrasher in 10 years time with the same feeling i get playing it that i did 5 years ago!

Turns out he had time to check in, anyway.

one time at the red rooms in vancouver, i was very visibly pissed off at that show due to noise curfews, dodgy power, dreadful stage monitoring and un co-operative people, gear breaking, set being cut to 3 songs, plus we played infected nations so badly that we actually had to start it again. thats maybe the most unprofessional thing we've done on stage, restart a song, very embarrassing, i would love to be able to say that never happened but it did.

That is pretty bad man, but by the sound of things there were a lot of factors which contributed to the show being a bit shitty... a lot of other unprofessional factors, and not on your part ...

Which is cool, him taking the time to check in with us, the little people, and is appreciated.
... Maybe not a generalization like that, can't speak for all, but I'm certainly little in this place :lol: :lol: :erk: :lol:

Which is cool, him taking the time to check in with us, the little people, and is appreciated.
... Maybe not a generalization like that, can't speak for all, but I'm certainly little in this place :lol: :lol: :erk: :lol:

It is cool, but I like to view us all on a level around here. Matt included, he's a normal dude after all. He's just, in the band.

That's admirable, Podgie.

To me, though, that's like saying, "Yeah he's normal... But he's better than all of us." :lol:
Nah, I don't actually think that. I know he's a chill and normal dude, as shown right here in this thread. It's still hella cool that fans like you and I get to practically hang out with him.

I remember speaking to Ol before they played Manchester in 2010 and some kid ran up to my friends and I going "OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS KNOW OL AND GOT TO MEET HIM HE'S THE BEST GUITARIST EVERRR"

Our response? "Mate, calm down. He's a normal guy, just some tool from Huddersfield who likes cider and video games". Needless to say, he didn't listen haha. I refuse to treat them any different from anyone else when I see them, I don't think that's very fair. I wouldn't want people pampering me just because I'm slightly less shit at making music than other people are.

Right, right, and I understand. I'm not gonna hold Matt on such high regards like he's the fuckin' king of earth, like I'll travel the the holy land of Huddersfield where I'll build his temple and pay tithe to the Church of Evile... Maybe.

But hey, I'm still a bit new. My starstricken-ness is to be a bit expected, and I can personally say it'll die down eventually. :loco:

Although I do see them on the same level, I'd have to admit that if I ever did meet any of them, I'd be going ape-shit in my mind but on the outside just saying "Cool man, cool". Perhaps living on the other side of the world has something to do with it.