ATL Metal Fans - Pathfinder Promotions 2011

Hey, Atlanta metal fans...
ever wanted to go to - say - Chicago or Puerto Rico to check out some metal bands?
Well now you don't have to, because Pathfinder Promotions is bringing them to YOU:

0611-800x1200.jpg

June 11th begins the Pathfinder Promotions MidSummer Meltdown series of heavy metal shows. Stay tuned for more announcements...

for the uninitiated, Void of Reason is a progressive melodic metal band whose sound has been compared to bands such as Queensryche, Dokken, Dream Theater, Evergrey and Dio. VOR combines heavy guitar riffs with melodic vocal lines and stacked harmonies to create a listening experience which is enjoyed by many.

Sacred Dawn brings their high energy brand of prog/power metal to Atlanta on their way to the annual Warriors of Metal fest in Ohio. With an innovative mix of heavy metal and hard rock and a unique blend of vocal harmonies, Sacred Dawn has been said to deliver one of the most original progressive metal musical experiences heard since the dawn of true prog metal. Sacred Dawn pulls their influence from bands such as Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Nevermore, Queensryche, Savatage, Fates Warning and many others.

and how would you like some Maiden-esque metal with a Spanish flair? Ladies and Gents, I give you Aura Azul. Emerging into the metal scene in 2003 bringing new ideas and a positive energy, their influences were great bands like Iron Maiden, Lizzy Borden, Helloween and King Diamond. They have powerful and controversial lyrics inspired by social and religious themes. The band released their first full length album "Aura Azul" in 2009 via digital media, and in physical CD form in 2010. It combines (Ronny Munroe's singing pupil)Edgar’s ominous screams with booming drums and melodic yet aggressive guitar parts to generate an album packed with sludgy anthems.

Some of you experienced young groove metal band Tortus when they opened for EPICA at the Masquerade over a year ago. And some of you were curious to hear more. Now's your chance. What I find awesome other than their energetic stage presence is their Mission Statement: To make all kinds of metal and rock and perhaps bring down a lot of preconceived notions people seem to have about metal music.

:headbang:

Both of those look like lots of fun. And being on Saturdays, I can actually stay 'til the end, unlike this past Friday. :D

Really sad to see that you had to officially cancel the Mindflow show, too. If they're still going to be in the area, we should all get together and take them out to Taco Cabana or something. :)

:

0402-600x750.jpg

had to make a change to the opening act for this show.

From the deepest reaches of space comes a Smörgåsbord of metal fit for Odin!! Space Vikings is the new power-death metal act featuring local metal guitarist/composer Matt Parsons (ex-Sacrosanct). They have already been storming the Masquerade to great reviews. I look forward to bringing them into The Local because they will bring the Pillaging, Plundering, Grilling, Drinking, bacon, heavy metal, lots of bacon, ribs wrapped in bacon, bacon wrapped in ribs... :guh:

Enders Game has become a bit more aggressive with their latest album - which you can stream in its entirety on their web site. They've always been an awesome metal band to watch on stage. I'm looking very forward to working with them again.

And Gravity Burn is a veteran female-fronted melodic rock/metal act whose frontwoman, Magda, will be flying to Poland the following weekend for a traditional Polish wedding. So let's all give her a great sendoff, shall we?

special thanks to Claus Jensen for the poster design.

:

Pathfinders_Eve_copy_WEB.jpg

with TORTUS, you can throw your preconceived notions about 'metal' music out the window. Led by Brother/Sister lead singers Bear Rowell & Tiffanie Rowell, this young act has matured and changed over the past 5 years before our very eyes. Blending different elements of metal - from groove to traditional to avant garde to Viking/Folk - Tortus brings quite a show to the stage. If you are looking for something different that you can not only headbang but also shake your hips to, do not miss this band as they kick off Pathfinders Eve. \m/

Heather Williams is an energetic rocker who recently starred in VH1 Classics' Rock & Roll Fantasy Camp. When not rocking out on stage with her band or producing great music and videos, she also makes time for acting, modeling, skydiving, NHRA drag cars & bikes, wakeboarding, racing cars - dirt and asphault, running, snowboarding, triathlons, skateboarding, basketball, scuba diving, football, streetbikes, motocross, supercross, reality TV, flipping houses, real estate... and the list goes on, whew!

Haunting Eden balances darkness and beauty with devastating power. The songs combine heavy guitars, passionate and emotional vocals, a hard driving rhythm section, melodic accessibility, and lyrics based in real world subjects. Although Haunting Eden acknowledges their musical influences along the way, it is easily understood, through the essence of the bands music, that they have a distinct style all their own.

:devil: oops, I did it again:

Tuesday April 26th
Hell • 7:00 PM • 10.00
In concert at Masquerade Atlanta GA
Angels of Babylon
Seventh Calling

Enders Game
The Universe Divide​

Angels of Babylon features RHINO on drums and David Ellefson on bass. \m/

check out The Masquerade website and scroll down to the date for more details and ticket info. Should prove to be an amazing show!

:devil: oops, I did it again:

Tuesday April 26th
Hell • 7:00 PM • 10.00
In concert at Masquerade Atlanta GA
Angels of Babylon
Seventh Calling
Enders Game
The Universe Divide​

As a side note for those who don't know, The Universe Divide contains the same members -- and presents the same amazing talent live -- as a certain well-known progressive metal band called Canvas Solaris. :kickass: ('progressive' in the Mean Deviation sense, wherein they are lauded loudly. :))

I was floored when I saw them at that show you did at Insomnia, Hoyt, but was less surprised when I discovered their excellent pedigree. :worship:

concerning the show tonight at The Local...

This just in from Gravity Burn: "Due to an unforseen injury to [drummer] Josh's back he cannot play and we will be playing an acoustic show tonight at The Local at Sidelines in Marietta. We are still gonna rock it and we can't wait to see you there tonight!!!"

kudos to the band for not canceling altogether! \m/

Hope to see many ATL-area ProgPower peeps out there tonight! :D

Gravity Burn had a great set last night! I would never had believed they threw together that acoustic set last minute, they were very professional. Magda is an amazing vocalist, Robert & Simon are great musicians, and I can't wait to hear the full band.

On May 7th we bring you Metal MayDay - A Heavy Metal Revival
featuring some of the very best in local and regional traditional metal!
Don't you dare miss it! :headbang:

MMD-4x6.jpg

arrive early to hang with the bands, grab some dinner, then enjoy the music!
check the Facebook Event page for details and Hotel info.

We will be announcing July & August shows at Metal MayDay!

thanks again to Camden Cruz of Seven Kingdoms for the event poster. :)

It's been years since the last time I checked out a Pathfinder show. Think it was Virgin Black. But damn, Widow is tempting...

as for out of state bands, I think you might like Great Awakening as well. These guys (avg. 19-20 yrs old) play a classic style thrash metal (early Megadeth/Slayer) with clean but stout vocals.

http://www.myspace.com/GreatAwakeningFL

the entire lineup is totally worth the effort. Gonna be a great show!