ATL Metal Fans - Pathfinder Promotions Presents...

Icarus Witch is the only reason I'd consider going. Artizan was just going to be a pleasant 'bonus' before. No JOP is disappointing (shit happens). Never got into Crimson Glory, haven't listened to them much either but...

Is Jon Oliva's Pain not playing anymore? I'm still going, regardless.

Official statement from Jon Oliva's Pain: "It is with great disappointment that JOP will not be able to attend this years Pathfinder MetalFest. Family matters with regards to several members of the band made it impossible for us to make this show work. We would like to thank Hoyt and everyone at PMF for their professionalism and understanding. They know that we did everything possible to make the show work ".

Official statement from Hoyt Parris & Pathfinder Promotions: I am very disappointed and heartbroken to announce that we will not be hosting Jon Oliva's Pain this year. But I have been working diligently for several days to secure another great traditional metal headliner. And I believe I have done just that - in the form of true pioneers of the progpower genre...

CRIMSON GLORY are confirmed to headline the Pathfinder MetalFest on it's new date of Nov 6th, 2010. Guitarist Jon Drenning has stated that the original lineup of musicians are looking forward to debuting their new lead singer - Todd La Torre - while delivering an intense show featuring several rare songs from the early catalog as well as one or two 'new' surprises.

* The supporting lineup remains secured.
* The venue and hotel information remains the same.
* General Admission tickets for Nov 6th will be available for purchase through Ticket Alternative on Monday, Aug 30th
* VIP Badges are still available and may be obtained by contacting Hoyt Parris: pmf2009 [at] rocketmail [dot] com

Pathfinder Promotions is proud and excited to deliver the 2010 worldwide exclusive Crimson Glory concert to YOU!

We are proud to announce that ARTIZAN will be opening for CRIMSON GLORY
at the 2010 Pathfinder Metalfest in Marietta, GA on Saturday, Nov. 6th. Check out all of the fantastic bands we get to follow!

advert_pathfindermetalfest_small.jpg

cool...something to do in November...
The Su will be there

Official statement from Jon Oliva's Pain: "It is with great disappointment that JOP will not be able to attend this years Pathfinder MetalFest. Family matters with regards to several members of the band made it impossible for us to make this show work. We would like to thank Hoyt and everyone at PMF for their professionalism and understanding. They know that we did everything possible to make the show work ".

Official statement from Hoyt Parris & Pathfinder Promotions: I am very disappointed and heartbroken to announce that we will not be hosting Jon Oliva's Pain this year. But I have been working diligently for several days to secure another great traditional metal headliner. And I believe I have done just that - in the form of true pioneers of the progpower genre...

CRIMSON GLORY are confirmed to headline the Pathfinder MetalFest on it's new date of Nov 6th, 2010. Guitarist Jon Drenning has stated that the original lineup of musicians are looking forward to debuting their new lead singer - Todd La Torre - while delivering an intense show featuring several rare songs from the early catalog as well as one or two 'new' surprises.

* The supporting lineup remains secured.
* The venue and hotel information remains the same.
* General Admission tickets for Nov 6th will be available for purchase through Ticket Alternative on Monday, Aug 30th
* VIP Badges are still available and may be obtained by contacting Hoyt Parris: pmf2009 [at] rocketmail [dot] com

Pathfinder Promotions is proud and excited to deliver the 2010 worldwide exclusive Crimson Glory concert to YOU!

Sucks, but Crimson Glory slew at PP, so I'm not too upset :D

Family and personal issues come before anything when
we embark on tours/shows.
Hoyt and I did everything
possible to make this show happen. But he knows the severity
of the situation, and we are just as disappointed as he
is. We would never book a show with the option to cancel.

So to say that "JOP cancels more shows then they play" is
obviously ridiculous on it's face. We have never canceled
a show because of JOP. We moved the earlier 2010 Bourbon Street show
date because our South American tour fell apart at the
last minute. And we had to move the Sept 17th show to the State Theatre
due to no fault of our own. Both Bourbon Street and the State worked
together with JOP to make this show happen.

and that's the truth. I have nothing but the utmost respect for every member of JOP and I back them up on the 'family comes first' statement. With everything I have personally gone through this past year in my own family, I do not hold anything against anyone who puts family first.

That being said, I appreciate the feedback from everyone so far concerning these changes we've had to make. And again, with no ill will towards JOP, this became a bit of a blessing in disguise. Crimson Glory was not the first band I reached out to, but I am so glad I did. We seem to have hit some new momentum by announcing their participation in this show. And that's all I want - for people to come out and enjoy themselves with a band they don't often get to see. And Crimson Glory is a band people don;t often get to see! LOL.

So I hope everyone can make plans to join us for the second annual Pathfinder MetalFest on Nov 6th when Crimson Glory plays a very intimate show for as many as 350 people in attendance. Tickets should be back on sale tomorrow (Tue Aug 31) exclusively through Ticket Alternative. And we still have a few VIP passes available. Write me at pmf2009 [at] rocketmail [dot] com for details. I'll keep everyone updated here in this thread.

Thanks again folks. And please remember, I'm doing this for you. :cool:

PMF21010_600x900.jpg

Best of luck Hoyt! I'll see if I can motivate myself to go anyhow ;)

Kong, I'm just a frustrated fan ;p

i do heart me some JOP, but i didn't even question why they might have had to cancel...my first thought was "damn, i hope everyone is ok". i'm cool with CG, and i LOVELOVELOVE me some VOR...so i'm there :) if it were JOP still? i would be there :)

but i am not your general fan..The Su is weird like that :)

No harm..no foul! It's a very frustrating situation for all of us.
We know the opportunities to play great shows is always a
struggle with so many bands out there. So canceling anything
has to be made only after every possible option has been
considered. CG will kick your ass...Todd Latorre is indeed a
great singer....We wish Hoyt all the best!

Yes, it would have been a true honor to play with Jon Oliva and the rest of JOP.
Maybe another opportunity will present itself...

I can say that some of us have waited over twenty years to play with Crimson Glory. It is going to be a hell of a night! What more could you possibly ask for after ProgPower this year?!
PMF21010_600x900.jpg

As much as I was looking forward to Jon Oliva's Pain, I am likewise floored by this opportunity to see Crimson Glory again; well done, Hoyt!!! :worship:

I completely understand the reasoning behind the JOP cancellation, and I will anxiously await the opportunity to see them onstage again SOON :headbang:

In the meantime, a special thanks to Crimson Glory for stepping in for what promises to be an AMAZING show!!! :kickass:

I am so happy that Crimson Glory is playing this show, and I'm really looking forward to checking out the rest of the bands on the lineup; some of which I am not familiar with at all. Off to iTunes we go...see most of you at PPUSA and the rest of ya in November!

Oops, hit send before I was ready.

Wanted to add that our thoughts are with JOP; having personal and family issues are hard enough. Knowing that you have to cancel a show on top of it just makes it harder. No one wants to disappoint their fans, and I know that everyone in JOP is very connected to and carries a deep respect for their fans.

Does anyone here have tickets to this yet?

There might be a few VIP tickets left...those have apparently sold pretty quick.

PMF21010_600x900.jpg