Pathfinder Promotions Full Metal Birthday Bash! - Aug 24th

ok folks, as much as it pains me to make this announcement, I have to cancel the Pathfinder Promotions Full Metal Birthday Bash at Sidelines in Marietta due to technical issues at the venue. :erk:

I am currently scrambling to try to salvage this show and take the bands into another venue, so please check back later tonight or first thing tomorrow.

I apologize to the bands and to the people here who were looking forward to this show. I can assure you that no one is more upset than I am right now.

Trust me. :bah:

But please check back, because I still want to celebrate my birthday in true metal fashion with all of my ProgPower friends and family here.

Thanks again for all of your friendship and support! :headbang:

Try as I might, I have to pull the plug on this thing. :cry: Again I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for this lineup. I believe it could have been one of my strongest local lineups yet. Ah well. Such is life.

Everyone on the south side, go check out the metal night tomorrow at Irish Bred in Rex, GA. Should be fun! Look for Ratanda's post for a link and details.

I'll let you all know next week if my next show is still on at Sidelines for Sept 15th. I was hoping to make this announcement tomorrow night with everyone there...

09-15-flyer_sm.jpg

Man, I'm really sorry things didn't work out for tomorrow night; oh well, I hope you have a fantastic birthday anyway, and we'll definitely celebrate the next time we get together :headbang:

That show on the 15th will RULE; I don't know how you pulled that one off :worship:

I'm sure we'll see you before then, though...probably on the 8th for the Halcyon Way Sweetwater Smackdown, if not before.

Sons of Scylla is some good headbanging music -- http://www.myspace.com/sonsofscylla

yeah, I was impressed with them for being a group of 18-19 year olds. Hence the invitation to open the next show.

And not to worry folks, I already have a back-up plan in the works for my next several shows if Sidelines becomes any more difficult to work with.

Heavenly Call said:
Damn damn damn. Damn damn DAMN damn. Was really looking forward to this. I know you're bummed! Have a happy birthday anyway if possible!

yeah, I can't imagine that anyone is more disappointed about this cancellation than I am. :cry: but thanks for the Birthday wishes nonetheless. :) James, Tammy, that goes for you too. Thanks so much for thinking about me today.

Everyone who had planned to be there tonight, please remember also that A Lower Deep will be at Breakers tomorrow night in Jonesboro (send a PM for directions and details). They go on second, around 10PM. I will be there between 9 and 10, so if you can make it be sure to say 'hi'. Thanks!

Yes, the deal is - and Hoyt is too professional to say it publicly, but I'm not - he booked **4** shows at Sidelines about 4-6 weeks ago. This was to be the first one since our show with To/Die/For was a success. Alex, the sound guy for Sidelines (and before that, the Darkside), owned the PA that was in the room at Sidelines after the Darkside moved out. Alex quit and took his system - he told me at the TDF show that it was the last show it would be there for.

SO.....the guy that runs Sidelines had no PA. And knew he had 4 shows booked. And we found out last night that he hadn't gotten a new one installed like he said he would, even after over a month. Just unprofessional as hell.

What I'm worried about is this - if SL doesn't get their crap together, we have 3 great shows lined up that will not happen. One is the weekend after PP, and I GUARANTEE all of you will cream your pants when the lineup is announced. There's also a Halloween show booked that is going blow the roof off. Now all 3 shows, including next week's, are in jeopardy.

*sigh*

Rock and roll....

We have faith in Hoyt to work miracles. If he couldn't get tonight's show done then even God would have had difficulty. But please do come hang out with us at Breaker's tomorrow night we will do our best to celebrate the big guy's birthday in style. PS That show with Icarus Witch and Cresent is going to RULE, really great line-up, way to go Hoyt!!

Sorry to hear about the issues Hoyt and having to cancel the show. I look forward to attending some of your shows in the future.