Australian Band Survey

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
What is everyone's favourite Australian bands!

Here are mine:

1. Dungeon
2. Vanishing Point
3. Anarion
4. Crimson Fire
5. Pegazus

As you can see, I definitely go for the melodic stuff.

Oh and hmm, AC/DC would be #1, but I don't know if I can count them as Australian now... heh.

Does anyone know if there are any glam metal bands in Australia?!?!?! I'd kill to go see one.

1. silverchair.....dont laugh, they are great!
2. The screaming Jets, even though they are on an "indefinite" break.
3. Psi-kore RULE!!!!
4. Superheist (yeah i know they are numetal but they are still very good and they put on a good live show :) )
5. Sunk Loto, dont laugh again, they are fantastic, rap or no rap!

I dont know any of the bands you listed except dungeon (who can be 6th...running awaay...to par-a-dise... love that song.) I dont get out much, to clubs/pubs or otherwise :)
Btw, do all these bands we list have to have a full album out? If not ill have to fit scourge, subterfuge, Mrs. Moran and co in as well!

Mine would be (in no particular order):

1. Dark Order - http://dark-order.tripod.com
2. King Oath - http://listen.to/king-oath
3. Crimsonfire (The bastards need a site!!)
4. Vanishing Point - http://www.vanishing-pont.com.au
5. Fury - http://fury.musicpage.com

Now, I've worked with Dark Order, Fury and King Oath but that's not why I chose them - the reason I worked with them is because I liked them so much in the first place. Oh and Troops - you'll probably get into King Oath quite a bit! Imagine Crue + Van Halen + Maiden... Very cool! :)

There's PLENTY of other great bands and artists out there too, Psi.Kore comes to mind immediately... And that Dungeon band is OK I guess (except for the singer! HAHA!).. Not to mention all of the monstrous up-and-coming bands that Spawn mentioned!

Originally posted by The Trooper
Does anyone know if there are any glam metal bands in Australia?!?!?! I'd kill to go see one.

There's a band here called Firefox. They have the tight leather pants, the big hair, the bass player that wears makeup, they prance around the stage like ninnies, their songs consist of A, D and G chords repeated over and over, and they have fireworks as part of their performance... I think I can safely say that they are glam!!!

Spawn: CHECK OUT VANISHING POINT!!!!

Sydo: Hahaha! That's the spirit!

Tim: Oh yeah I've heard about King Oath, sounds great to me!

Coops: WOOHOO!!!*&^@)*&$)!*$ I wanna see Firefox!!!!!! They sound like my type of band!!! Do they get a good crowd reaction live? I'm guessing any band that puts on a glam show with fireworks would get a pretty good reaction just for their show, but maybe not... I'm curious to see if there's a market for that thing at the moment.

Will they come to Melbourne do you think? :)

Oh yeah Tim, that reminds me, I'm curious... how much do you think it would cost to have a few pyrotechnics in a local gig, say for a band like Firefox or something?

Coops: WOOHOO!!!*&^@)*&$)!*$ I wanna see Firefox!!!!!! They sound like my type of band!!! Do they get a good crowd reaction live?

Umm not really...most people are laughing there asses off at em....or some of the younger crowds are stunned and mouthing "what ... tha ...fuck! "

I'm guessing any band that puts on a glam show with fireworks would get a pretty good reaction just for their show, but maybe not...

You'd think so wouldn't ya

I'm curious to see if there's a market for that thing at the moment.

Not much of a market...very Niche' !!!

...and back on topic

My top 5...

1. Alchemist (With out a doubt one of THE most orginal metal bands on the planet...Plus they Kick ARSE !)

2. Syzygy (Intrumental Prog metal masters !)

3. PathogeN (N.W.O.S.D.M ...right here in perth !)

4. AC\DC (They have to be in there somewhere !)

5. Allegiance (One of perth's finest - R.I.P)

That was pretty tough...maybe it should be top 20+

As far as metal goes, I would say....

Vanishing Point
Enter Twilight
Dungeon

as the only ones that really come to mind right now.

Possibly Kymera will be up there in the near future.

Also Titanium except we've split up a million times already and the "reformation" isn't exactly doing anything at all.

I've probably forgotten someone really good that I'll kick myself for later.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Oh yeah Tim, that reminds me, I'm curious... how much do you think it would cost to have a few pyrotechnics in a local gig, say for a band like Firefox or something?

Good luck doing it - most venues have banned it due to fire regulations... We can't even use a fog machine in most places up here! :(

Oh yeah... and Aces_High: That SUCKS! Where is everybody's taste nowadays! Can't people appreciate a band who actually go out of their way to put on a real rock and roll show! *Shakes head*

Umm might ge showing my age but here goes.
1. AC/DC
2. Rose Tattoo
3. The Angels
4. The Sreaming Jets
5. The Radiators .

Years ago I brought a compliation tape of Aussie Metal bands -around 1985/6 not much on thatt impressed me. So in true style continued to listen to mainly English bands etc . I will find this tape tomorrow ,from memory some guy played Advance Australia Fair like Star Spangled Banner el Hendrix .

Metal bands:

1. Dungeon
2. Vanishing Point
3. Earth
4. Dreadnaught
5. Alarum
6. Anarion
7. Alchemist
8. Blood Duster
9. Abramelin
10. Enter Twilight
11. Frankenbok
12. Amethyst

Non-metal:

1. Midnight Oil
2. Hunters and Collectors
3. The Meanies
4. Tumbleweed
5. Suiciety
6. Nursery Crimes
7. AC/DC
8. Noiseworks
9. Scary Mother (anyone know what happend to them??)

Not all of these bands are still going, but what the heck....a bit of a mix there anyway.