Australian Idol 2005

Any good old song with a punk arrangement would go high in the charts... as long as it is timed right.

Didn't someone do Don Henley's Boys of Summer last year?

Finally.

I can't believe James was in the bottom two.

All the Laura are voters are going to go for him and Daniel now though:

a) they feel sorry that they got in the bottom 3 as well
b) they showed the most 'love' for Laura at the end

That was a good read Spiff. I get really upset reading that stuff. I suppose it's a bit too close to home for me. If I wasn't in the industry, I could probably be more detached. I just feel really bad for that girl.

Was she such a bad person in that show? Did she deserve the apparent bollocking she's had from Australia?

The main problem people had was that she got through to the final 12 mainly on sympathy after Mark tore her to shreds. A convenient shot of her crying and the next night she's a shock inclusion at the expense of Roxane, who seemed to be a dead cert to get into the 12. People have had it in for her ever since.

Lee - a better song and he would have actually done really well. Was a bit boring, but he handled the genre well.

Milly - out of her league and probably the worst this week. My least favourite from the whole top 13. I hope she goes.

Daniel - Mark was right, at times he showed he good potential, but overall it was lacking. One of his better performances of late, and better than I expected, though.

James - He did the song fairly well when you don't compare it to Buble's version. Not great, though.

Anne - second best behind Emily, she was great.

Emily - fantastic. Easily the best, and deserved the touchdown.

Dan - he picked a song I love, and did it well enough, but I think he was the one who was most out of the zone this week. Not terrible though.

Kate - good solid stuff as well. She seems to be a good all rounder but I don't know if she can do something special for a touchdown or anything.

Not sure about Milly being out of her league. That's her style of music, I just think she picked the wrong song. Strange, she was excellent up until the top 13 - she's been average ever since.

I thought Anne was far and away the best. Daniel was the best bloke by far.

I thought Daniel was the best. Fuck the judges need to get off his ass - he was fucking unreal tonight. I thought Emily was very overrated... yeah, she sang alright, but god damn she's annoying to watch and her voice slowly grates on you over the whole song.

Dan let me down a bit - probably because I was a big fan of Daniel Hamill from Popstars live, and he had the best performance from the entire show with that song.

Kate was easily the best of the females for me... loved her performance.

Daniel Spillane is an imitator, not an innovator. He's like Shannon Noll, but not as good. Milly and James do ok, but I think they're both too young. And as much as I'd like to hate Lee's pseudo-punk loving, emo ass, I just can't. He just oozes charisma and is apparently more versatile than anyone could guess.

I think Lee is shit and proved it tonight (last night). Why don't the judges get on his ass about not being able to sing?

I could go up there and sing really badly and still entertain everyone - doesn't make me worthy of being in a singing competition does it?