avant garde metal

Sanus said:
morte macabre>shora

This thread makes me grab my sac like a stress reliever. "Avant-garde" literally means "before its time" too bad the avant-garde title has become another "progressive" title. so many bands flaunt the avant-garde label instead of a more accurate experimental label. true avant-garde metal bands include ephel duath, sigh, diabolical masquerade's death's design. arcturus isnt avant-garde, because there are atleast 10 bands that sound quite similar to them. avant-garde is a description of where the songwriter is in his writing style, innovation and theory, instead of the actual music itself.

uhh, thank you for lecturing me on morte macabre. :rolleyes:

Sanus said:
morte macabre>shora

This thread makes me grab my sac like a stress reliever. "Avant-garde" literally means "before its time" too bad the avant-garde title has become another "progressive" title. so many bands flaunt the avant-garde label instead of a more accurate experimental label. true avant-garde metal bands include ephel duath, sigh, diabolical masquerade's death's design. arcturus isnt avant-garde, because there are atleast 10 bands that sound quite similar to them. avant-garde is a description of where the songwriter is in his writing style, innovation and theory, instead of the actual music itself.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not any less bullshit than most labels that people give to music.

Fredy_Brown said:
I love Avant-garde metal, it´s besides Symphonic Black Metal and Industrial Metal my favourite metal sub-genre.
I saw Arcturus (with Red Harvest) last year and it was one of my best shows ever. The show was about 90 minutes :O
Avant-garde tha I can recommend you:
Arcturus (Nor) - masterpiece
Carnival in Coal - very chaotic...Patton like
Dodheimsgard - Black Metal, Avant-Garde/Industrial Metal; I love it, very original
Ensoph - very catchy and great melodies
Ephel Duath - Avant-garde jazz / metal; highly recommended if you like metal + jazz
Faith No More - you know this band....
Fantômas - the best Pattons side project for me, impresive, chaotic, lunatic
In the Woods... - they have a nice progress from BM to a-g
Mr. Bungle - another Patton, you can´t go wrong with him
Peccatum - Emperor´s older brother, I like I a lot, highly recommended
Solefald - I am not into it much, its biggest good point is Lars, but lot of people like them so....
Windham Hell - CHECK THIS OUT

holy shit carnival in coal is great...totally fucked up.. i love it

peccatum has a nice sound

windham hell is cool (i should get window of souls)

thanks for recommending these bands, i listened to them for the first time, and its good stuff. cheers! :kickass:

anybody heard of Giant Squid on The End label?