Avant-Garde Metal

and i suppose you know whats jazzy about atheist as well? without being able to explain it, or even knowing anything about it at all? join the queue dickhead

You're self righteous and completely useless to the discussion. God forbid that someone state their opinion that they find jazz elements apparent in Atheist's music. Go fucking cry about it.

You know what's funny? How you're all being little whiny bitches. There's just something about people who argue on the internet...

i know all about pretentious jazzer fuckwits, and i know that if you mention any semblance of metal to them they laugh. they are just idiots, plain and simple. please, why is jazzy about that song? which part? anything pre elements?

Just a moment here...

You seem to be describing either yourself, or what you are trying to aim yourself to be. Do you proof-read any of your posts before you post them?

im not a jazzer fuckwit, just to clear that up. either way, notice how i didnt say all jazzers were fuckwits, i just said i know all about the fuckwits

and what does that make you, a metal fuckwit? a blues fuckwit? whats the difference, you're still a fuckwit

and what does that make you, a metal fuckwit? a blues fuckwit? whats the difference, you're still a fuckwit

What makes me a fuckwit? Do you think I'm fucking "wit" you? I would rather leave my own fuckwitness out of this discussion, if I could only figure out what kind of fuckwit I actually am?:err:

...and what, in your eyes, would make me a fuckwit anyway?

Dude...WHAT THE FUCK IS A FUCKWIT, DIPSHIT??

Avantgarde metal has become it's own sub genre with it's own individual characteristics. If we are to list "avantgarde" bands in the sense of them being experimental then we will be here for a long long time.

i know all about pretentious jazzer fuckwits, and i know that if you mention any semblance of metal to them they laugh. they are just idiots, plain and simple.

Man, that's a very crual way to tell about your friends...

im not a jazzer fuckwit, just to clear that up. either way, notice how i didnt say all jazzers were fuckwits, i just said i know all about the fuckwits

And you are very pretentious...

Avantgarde metal has become it's own sub genre with it's own individual characteristics. If we are to list "avantgarde" bands in the sense of them being experimental then we will be here for a long long time.

Agreed! I think "avantgarde" may be an even broader or more general term than "prog" is turning out to be. www.progarchives.com has an "avant/prog" category!!:zombie: And a "prog-related" category. Still a fantastic website though.:)

well i see this is back on topic haha, i would like to reccomend:

Peccatum (ihsahn of emperor fame and his wife)
Agalloch(im sure theyve been mentioned but oh well)
Nest (really more atmospheric, avant gardwe is so hard to define for me)
Pelican (loose definaition)