Avant-Garde Metal

I am still confused on where does exactly Deathspell Omega really stand. Just yesterday I saw it tagged as progressive black metal and to me tbh, it made more sense. Avant-Garde is too loose of a term for it (for those who have heard them, you might have an idea), and I don't know, it can be described as prog. in most of their songs.

Kenose is pretty intense btw :heh:

^What is the album between Morningrise and Kenose in your sig? It is really familiar but I can't put a name to it and I know I have it as well which is even more annoying.

^What is the album between Morningrise and Kenose in your sig? It is really familiar but I can't put a name to it and I know I have it as well which is even more annoying.
Swanlike by Dark Suns. :worship: It's a progressive death metal band, absolutely amazing. They are kinda new-ish, but I think they are so great that they can match to Opeth's old league. :p

btw, if you DO have it,

:worship: -builds temple for disease-

Have it. I have "Existence" as well. Good band. I like Swanlike moreso. It was shitting me because I know I have everything there just couldn't for the life of me match the cover to the album. Plus all the others were more known/had a readable name. Their new one "Grave Human Genuine" was ok, pretty mediocre tbh. Only spun it once so far though.

Have it. I have "Existence" as well. Good band. I like Swanlike moreso. It was shitting me because I know I have everything there just couldn't for the life of me match the cover to the album. Plus all the others were more known/had a readable name. Their new one "Grave Human Genuine" was ok, pretty mediocre tbh. Only spun it once so far though.
Really? Gosh that band really caught me, but if you don't want, I'll take the Swanlike. :heh:

I've been listening to In Harmonia Universali by Solefald quite abit lately, and I'd definitely say it's a genre highlight. Never has an organ seemed so catchy and heavy at the same time.

ahahah! I like to list here all my knowledge!!!

Abysmal Gates
Adamind
Age of Silence
Akphaezya (<3)
...And Oceans
Angizia (a bit grind, but enough melodic thought)
Atheist \m/
Atrox
Augury
Carnival in Coal
Diablo Swing Orchestra (oh yes, it is avant-garde Metal. No black here, sorry)
Dog Fashion Disco (have to be open minded for this one:p)
Ephel Duath
Fleurety
Foxy Shazam
Le Grand Guignol
Haggard (<3)
...in the wood
Jesu
Jarboe
Maudlin the well
Morgul
Mr. Bungle (not all the albums)
Negativa
Nuclear Rabbit
Peccatum
Ram-Zet
Sculptured
Sebkha-chott
Sigh
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (and all the projects around; Skeleton keys, 2 foot yard, idiot flesh, etc...)
Stolen Babies
Subterranean Masquerade
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Tub Ring
unexpecT (of course, the #1)
Vintersorg
Virgin Black

ill check it out now

wow theres quite a big list of fusion bands ill have to check them out

^Yes, it's an excellent site. I highly recommend putting it on your Favorites list, or Bookmarks, or what have you...
I constantly find myself visiting it!

What are your thoughts of this disc De L'Existence compared to their newest one?

Thanks...

I really think that "De l'existance de la mythologie chottienne en 7 cycle" is better than "Nagah Mahdi, opuscrit en 48 rouleaux", but everybody I know who listen to Sebkha-chott tell me that they prefer "Nagah Mahdi, opuscrit en 48 rouleaux". Well, I think the new one is too long and too much atmospheric, it's like Ulver in psychose. I don't like Ulver.

The first one is more experimental and the lyrics are "clever".

They'll soon release a new album and a remake of "De l'existence de la mythologie chottienne en 7 cycles"

You can pre-order it here: http://amekanikmd.websanslimit.net/productions/productions.php and you have to pre-order it before october 7th!

ahahah! I like to list here all my knowledge!!!

Abysmal Gates
Adamind
Age of Silence
Akphaezya (<3)
...And Oceans
Angizia (a bit grind, but enough melodic thought)
Atheist m/
Atrox
Augury
Carnival in Coal
Diablo Swing Orchestra (oh yes, it is avant-garde Metal. No black here, sorry)
Dog Fashion Disco (have to be open minded for this one:p)
Ephel Duath
Fleurety
Foxy Shazam
Le Grand Guignol
Haggard (<3)
...in the wood
Jesu
Jarboe
Maudlin the well
Morgul
Mr. Bungle (not all the albums)
Negativa
Nuclear Rabbit
Peccatum
Ram-Zet
Sculptured
Sebkha-chott
Sigh
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (and all the projects around; Skeleton keys, 2 foot yard, idiot flesh, etc...)
Stolen Babies
Subterranean Masquerade
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Tub Ring
unexpecT (of course, the #1)
Vintersorg
Virgin Black

This is a good list! I like many of the same, esp. Unexpect, Sigh, Virgin Black and SGM. A couple I would add, however, are Giant Squid and Estradasphere.