Avant-Garde Metal

Progressive/Technical Death Metal. They're an awesome, awesome band. I didn't know about the new album. That sounds phenomenal.

Atheist are coming up with a new album too btw

Really? Oh fuck yeah!!!

Do you know the release date?

(Atheist is avant-garde by doing this type of Death metal before anyone else and using a bunch of jazz and other influences in their songs. I would add to the list Gorguts too.)

show me the jazz in atheist

gorguts are cool, they used alot of dissonant intervals and such in obscura. actually i dont think i saw any power chords in the title track at all

Have you heard Negativa? Same guys, same vein as Obscura-era Gorguts, just as dissonant. Bassman already mentioned them, looks like.

show me the jazz in atheist

Ever heard "fractal point" by Atheist on their Elements album? maybe a bit more samba but the jazz is also clearly audible...
And by the way, the information that Athteist brings out a new album is absolutely ...sick! ( First meshuggah, then opeth , soon cynic , and now atheist... an age of amazing album releases :D )

I´d also conscider Behold...the Arctopus an avantgarde metal band...

Ever heard "fractal point" by Atheist on their Elements album? maybe a bit more samba but the jazz is also clearly audible...
And by the way, the information that Athteist brings out a new album is absolutely ...sick! ( First meshuggah, then opeth , soon cynic , and now atheist... an age of amazing album releases :D )

the only jazz i have ever heard from atheist, was maybe one song on elements. pre elements i have not heard any at all

what jazz is so clearly audible? show me this clearly audible jazz

The half of the bass lines are based on a groovy jazz concept.

If you're not convinced, just listen to the intro of Green.

And if you don't agree, Atheist is a damn good band wich should be listen by all the metalheads anyway.

The half of the bass lines are based on a groovy jazz concept.

If you're not convinced, just listen to the intro of Green.

Jazz can be various things... you really have to carefully listen and analyze the stuff they play, and the way they play that stuff... the drumming is very jazzy too... polyrhythmics , ghostnotes...

Atheist is definitively jazzy. period

Fur further info check this out... http://www.*********/metal/atheist.html

Damit the link is censcored because it contains a the word a n u s ... so just replace the stars with this word and the suffix .com ;)

lmao at all the people talking jazz but so far no one has any evidence yet

its definitely jazzy, but i cant give you an example

Listen to the bass/drum lines. If you have the special edition of UP it's included there. Especially Mother Man. With out guitar or vox it sounds like jazz, not metal.