Axenrot is awesome.

Well when I saw Opeth last october, he didn't do anything that took my attention away from enjoying the show, except for a couple or few times he played a song/section of a song noticeably too slow

i'm with House of Seance... I wasn't completey captivated by his performance the two times i saw them this past tour. The first concert ..i could notice they were playing some sections slower, but thats understandable i guess since he hasn't played the songs as many times as lopez has.

and i listen to bloodbath, Rødt_Og_Svart :p sometimes he plays some great beats, but other times it's just noise, imo.

He does play damn good i agree. And also he's damn good looking so he gets a +100 from me.

then again i'm pretty doubtful about the fact that he will be able to write some damn good drums for the opeth songs as Lopez did.

Absolutely. Talk about being thrown in at the deep end having to tour with Opeth and convince a highly critical and fairly discriminating set of fans! I think he coped well when I saw them in November and I look forward to hearing him on the next record.

Heckelgruber said:
Absolutely. Talk about being thrown in at the deep end having to tour with Opeth and convince a highly critical and fairly discriminating set of fans! I think he coped well when I saw them in November and I look forward to hearing him on the next record.

Well, the fans are reacting critically and negatively because they love Lopez. It shows the fans care about Opeth and what happens to him and the band. Hopefully Mike knows this as well and doesn't take the negativity concerning this issue on the forum the wrong way.

Lopez is a legend. And if anyone can take his place perfectly in Opeth, I say it's Axe. I wasnt too impressed by him last september when I saw Opeth but when I saw them again in November Axe was really awesome. I think he's suited to the band perfectly, lets just see what sort of ideas he introduces in the next album...

Lopez? Pffft, who even is that....it seems all thats needed to completely change opinions on this board from "axenrot sucks!" to the thread title is a single akerfeldt post these days. Which is very efficient really; my compliments.

i've never had a bad word to say against axe and neither have alot of other people who have posted here positively. don't generalise.