Band post

Tubbs

Bi-weekly top album:
Nov 5, 2005
Sanford, Maine
decayingcontinuum.bandcamp.com
Who here thinks we should find a way to get all the guys on the board now? I know Mike used to post, but don't you think this board would be much more lively if they ALL did? I know it can't happen now (tour, duh) but sometime in the future. Does anybody have ideas? Don't flame me (as I know some of you will for making this kind of thread)

GAY THREAD!!!

no, just kidding, yeah i think it would be great, maybe have them post not as "BAND MEMBERS" , but just as any other member here, cause they would get sick with the stupid questions most would ask about the band.

Their fanbase is much larger than what is represented in this forum. I don't see how they could find the time and sit down in front of their computers, read our threads, and respond to them. Mikael did it back in the day for a short time, but to me it was nothing more than acknowledging there is an "official" Opeth forum, and it was nothing more than an introdcutory "Hi".

As much as I'd like to pass "type" with them, the only way any discussion with them that would be meaningful to me would be in person, and in the 5 times I've seen them live I have yet to wait afterwards to see them.

I think it "sounds" good, but I have to agree with the post above me, the guys just wouldn't have the time to do all that. Not to say I'm not already satisfied by Mike's current activities on the board, I think it's great that he still finds time now and again to post a little bit on here, despite the bands situation. However, I'de be happy enough if say Mike were to read this, and drop a word to Martin. I'de love to hear from him, and perhaps get an update on his condition? *hint hint Mike* :lol:

Well, I wouldn't say they don't give a shit about us, however, I think some of the bullshit threads and posts etc. might contribute to annoyance. And I wont defend myself here, we're all to blame.

Forest-of-October said:
Well, I wouldn't say they don't give a shit about us, however, I think some of the bullshit threads and posts etc. might contribute to annoyance. And I wont defend myself here, we're all to blame.

I guess you're right...

IMO, I'd really only want to talk to Mike and Bass Player :)D) about music, online. In person, if I ever got the chance to have a (more than 5 minute) convo with them, I'd just shoot the shit about whatever, but online, not really much more than music.

Maybe ask Bass Player some stuff about his gear specifically, ask some advice on coming up with creative basslines, and maybe ask Mike about just songwriting in general and ask him to recommend some good prog bands, but that's about it.

IMO, I'd really only want to talk to Mike and Bass Player () about music, online. In person, if I ever got the chance to have a (more than 5 minute) convo with them, I'd just shoot the shit about whatever, but online, not really much more than music.

Maybe ask Bass Player some stuff about his gear specifically, ask some advice on coming up with creative basslines, and maybe ask Mike about just songwriting in general and ask him to recommend some good prog bands, but that's about it.

You my friend, if i was mike would be happy to reply too. As you seem to be geniune and friendly.

I just have the opinion that personal stuff should be taken lightly. It's like at concerts, people yell out "how's your wife?" and stuff. On one hand, Mike probably gets satisfaction out of fans being aware of his personal life, but on the other hand I think if I wasn't a close friend of Mike's, but I had a conversation with him after the show and I was like "how's your sex life with your wife?" or something like that, it'd be overstepping my boundaries as a fan. As a person it'd be weird too, since I don't know Anna or Mike personally, and it seems kinda stalkerish to me.

Shooting the shit about politics or whatever is something that I don't think anybody really would have a problem with, unless you say something like "well, Sweden is the most horrible place I've ever been, and I can't believe you actually like that piece of shit place"...I think that might make Mike mad :p

Well Lopez used to post under an anonymous nickname a while back. Pretty much everyone who is anyone has slowly stopped posting on this board, namely Mike. I don't know whether it's just band obligations, getting sick of the forum, or whether they just don't like how the forum has become.

But you can bet, even if he doesn't post, that Mike still skims over this place. So every time you see a derogatory statement, offensive thread or whatever, you can be sure that it's taking its toll on his opinion of the place.

yeah, ante is Anders, Mike is obviously Mike, Lee B. is...Lee B, their old tour manager I believe. Other than that, I don't think anybody else besides M-Lo posts/posted on here