Rumors About Opeth's Turn To Black Metal Roots...

That'd be weird since they don't have any black metal roots. Damn Century Black licensing the first two and getting Opeth stuck with the black metal tag.

In my opinion the closest Opeth ever came to black metal was with My Arms Your Hearse especially with the song April Ethereal, that first riff that carries on through the first portion of the song really sounds black metal it shares that "airy" streamy type of riffing characteristic thats all so common in that genre.

With that said I don't think Orchid sounds black metal at all like some people mentioned, if anything it sounds doomy but thats about it.

blakmetalemp said:
I dont think thats possible. Emperor will be a very hard band to fill shoes for IMO.
J/k hehe , they'll be my fav bm band forever and Opeth will never do 'real black metal' if you see what i mean

Mikaels vocals on Orchid and Morningrise have a much higher growl, like that of black metal, and the slower trem harmonizations with double bass resemble that of scandinavian black metal, but overall, I don't think Opeth was ever a black metal band. But Orchid and Morningrise are the two best Opeth cds in my opinion, they are very atmospheric and melodic in a special way. When atmosphere and acoustic/mellow guitar harmonies are topped with a long blackmetal scream...it's fucking amazing and beautiful when done good. Twilight is my Robe...incredible song.

They are black ! 'Cheesy' (not for me even i don't listen to them ) but black.

black metal schmlack metal

MIKAEL!!!!!!!!! I know you are watching us. Can you please sort out this rumour. As your most faithful fans...i think we should be first to know

ps. Im the guy from australia who gave you that little cartoon of you guys.......you still got it?