Bands/albums you want to like, for some reason

Wolves in The Throne Room rule \m/

I've been trying to get myself to like Candlemass ad Sunn 0))) some of the weird metal genres.
Also I could never get to much into Thrash and Heavy Metal I mainly stick with black,death, and power so I want to get into those genres to

It will probably sound odd, but it's true. Being a thrash metal fan, I always failed getting into some of the classic bands:

- Testament
- Destruction
- Anthrax

I would really like to enjoy those bands, but it never happened. Still own some albums, I tried hard... "Live in London" by Testament, "We've come for You all" and "Greater of two evils" by Anthrax and "Inventor of Evil" and "Thrash Anthems" by Desctruction.

Lamb of God
Machine Head

Got bored. But that was some time ago so I might try again. What is a good starting album for each band? Or should I even bother?

Well, I can understand people hating Messiah, but Johan? Well, it's their loss...
And yes, A Sorcerer's Pledge is GODLY. My favorite track on Epicus along with the first three.
Cheese or not, I absolutely adore the first two Candlemass, and like Tales of Creation quite a bit.

yeah, my order of preference is epicus, nightfall, ToC, the rest. i don't think they've released anything *bad* though (granted i haven't heard dactylis glomerata)

Cryptopsy: I know I will get flamed for this, but I just could not get into them. I do have great respect for their impact on the Death Metal genre, but I just can't get into em'.

It will probably sound odd, but it's true. Being a thrash metal fan, I always failed getting into some of the classic bands:

- Testament
- Destruction
- Anthrax

I would really like to enjoy those bands, but it never happened. Still own some albums, I tried hard... "Live in London" by Testament, "We've come for You all" and "Greater of two evils" by Anthrax and "Inventor of Evil" and "Thrash Anthems" by Desctruction.

I have the same problem with
Metallica and Megadeth:
I like the old stuff a bit but I never really got into it..
don´t know why - though they are very important bands.

another band I wanted to like (for some reason..o_O) are Deathstars :puke:

recently I was listening to "Blitzkrieg" and well I confess
that I liked it a little bit but this industrial sound is disgusting!!
I can´t stand this music for a long time..

- Testament
- Destruction
- Anthrax

Try the following:

Destruction - Infernal Overkill

Anthrax - Spreading the Disease and/or Among the Living

Testament - The New Order (I admit I have never explored this band much either)

Ar least for Destruction and Anthrax, I think those are their best releases, and should help you decide for sure if you like them or not. The New Order is the only Testament that I am familiar with and like.