Bands/albums you want to like, for some reason

:lol:

Before I get too much hate I will admit I am being deliberatly ass-ish. Although goth and hardcore are two thing that I mostly hate and wish never entered metal.

I definitely have never heard a Type O album and probably only one or two songs, and I can't even name them. My impression of them is negative and not-metal, but it's based on disliking whatever small exposures I have had to them.

Without hardcore then thrash metal wouldn't exist, and goth rock has nothing to do with Gothic metal.

To me they seem like just one more nu band that came along and a bunch of kids got into them. Similar to Mary Manson, White Zombie, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Pantera and all that media force-fed crapola. I know some members (?) come from Carnivore, a thrash band. I am not familiar with their work.

Uh, but their entire sense of humor is based on lampooning such bands. Musically they're nothing like those bands either.

Without hardcore then thrash metal wouldn't exist, and goth rock has nothing to do with Gothic metal.

There is a difference between the hardcore movement of the 90's, and old school hardcore punk. I understand thrash and other heavy metal, even black metal, has a lot of punk influence. But this modern movement of deathcore, new wave of American HM (Shadows fall, etc), metalcore, and all that are direct descendants from 90's hardcore, and have little to no actual punk left in them. Thrash, black, and some other metal still have true punk influences, but are not influnced by 90's hardcore. Even crossover is more directly related to punk, and IMO is not a direct ancestor of 90's hardcore, metalcore, etc.

What kind of "metal" are Type O Negative?

ToN is heavily Sabbath inspired but with gothic and even pop and hardcore music elements. You can't listen to a song like "Bloody Kisses" and say that is not a metal song. Some of their songs don't fit in the metal genre but some clearly are. In any case they are quite excellent.

Only not really.

If you don't like October Rust and Bloody Kisses you're pretty gay.

correct. actually all of their albums are good... even the spoof live album 'origin of the feces' which has a killer version of paranoid on it.

:lol:Coming from a guy who likes Queen. First off, no two albums of theirs sound the same. THE most innovative band I've heard.

And :lol::lol::lol: at telephone vocal effects. Go listen again dipshit.

I thought most of their albums sounded quite similar. Still like em, but nothing special.

The majority of stuff I've heard by them fails pretty hard. Is their earlier stuff better or something?