Bands/albums you want to like, for some reason

:zombie:
Well damn, man, it's frustrating to listen to an album whose flow you don't understand, even with all its inventiveness and what not.

How could I forget: At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours

Often considered one of the, if not the best, death metal albums of all time amongst those with good taste, I wish that I loved this album. I actually think it's pretty good, but I don't find it as good as most claim it to be. I find it very hard to get into, and feel that it lacks flow and unity. And I do like some inaccessible dm such as Demilich or Molested.

I feel the same way. I've listened a few times but i'm struggling to get into it.

How could I forget: At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours

Often considered one of the, if not the best, death metal albums of all time amongst those with good taste, I wish that I loved this album. I actually think it's pretty good, but I don't find it as good as most claim it to be. I find it very hard to get into, and feel that it lacks flow and unity. And I do like some inaccessible dm such as Demilich or Molested.
I agree here. It's definitely good, but undeserving of the godhood it's been granted, imo. I think people just decided to love it irrationally.

Or you people who are stating it isn't as good have simply not given it enough time.

I started out completely hating the album to loving it through a year or so of listens (funny that this also happened with The Mantle.)

If art was all about what the viewer or listener or observer using any sense wanted...it would be ineffectual and worthless.

I tried really hard to get into Electric Wizard and other bands that sound like them. The whole genre bores me to tears.
Heh. I can't get into stoner doom either. I wouldn't say that I want to like it, though. But I do find it strange that I can't get into it, since I like Cathedral and early Sabbath, which supposedly greatly influenced stoner doom.

I love Cathedral's music, but by GOD I hate Dorrian's vocals. I can never get into them, no matter how hard I try. He's awful and shouldn't be allowed to sing.

I love Cathedral's music, but by GOD I hate Dorrian's vocals. I can never get into them, no matter how hard I try. He's awful and shouldn't be allowed to sing.

Lee Dorrian is one of the most charismatic vocalists in all of metal! I love his voice.