Bands/albums you want to like, for some reason

I'll grab Shadows at some point, I hear it was superior to their other newish one

HELP ME.

btw I didn't used to like Morbid Angel or Suffo either, but I was so convinced they must be good that I kept listening to them... and now I love them. So that gives me hope for Immolation.

I wish I had time to do this with more releases. I did some reviewing for a while and I came to the conclusion that with enough effort (not just quantity of spins, but quality of listening) you can typically begin to appreciate what the artist is doing, if they have any talent at all. That is the upside of reviewing. The downside is feeling forced to listen to certain releases repeatedly, instead of listening to what you want to. But I digress.

When I was younger and had less money, I got the most out of every album I bought. I really knew where I stood on each release I owned. I miss those days.

I tried so hard to like Slayer. But it didn't work.

that post and that sig... ouch, man

i seriously tried to like borknagar and i even got myself geared up for just fun symphonic epic metal and tried not to think about black metal while listening to them but it didn't work. gayest band ever. i'd rather listen to therion or almost anything else.

self-titled album verges on decent, given that a try? the rest is ineffably gay though

Really, really bad vocals. I cannot see the hype

lindberg in his day = top 3 DM vocalists of all time, period. i've never understood the problem with demilich's vocals, they're different but not in a way that's at all offensive - totally fitting in fact.

i do think in retrospect TRITSIO isn't perfect - but it's still one of the few times the genre has tapped into genius. still like the best stuff on wfiktbd more.

HELP ME.

btw I didn't used to like Morbid Angel or Suffo either, but I was so convinced they must be good that I kept listening to them... and now I love them. So that gives me hope for Immolation.

Unholy Cult is a good starting place, right?

it'll come. yeah, give unholy cult a few whirls. i didn't like MA or suffo either at one time.

not that i exactly *love* any of these three even now, save fall from grace which absolutely owns my soul

Unholy Cult is probably the only listenable record Immolation have ever put out, imo.
no country for old wainds is GoD?
"Demilich only hit me occasionally, same as Obscura, etc"-- doesn't sound very God-esque to me.:p

is that a reply to my "ouch, man" or an explanation for why she doesn't like slayer? :D

how's your intestinal tract these days andrew

Yo Tom. :)

It was a reply to the former. Perhaps the latter if you're feeling misogynistic!

My intestinal tract is worm-infested as always...really need to get that looked at ;)

Thanks for adding me on RYM also.

No matter how hard I try to get into Primordial I just can't. I know they get fellated on an hourly basis around here but I don't see the hype. Primarily its the vocals that are irritating but I'm expecting their songs to become something awesome and epic and they don't.

No matter how hard I try to get into Primordial I just can't. I know they get fellated on an hourly basis around here but I don't see the hype. Primarily its the vocals that are irritating but I'm expecting their songs to become something awesome and epic and they don't.

i've heard one album and thought it was pretty darn good

I tried so hard to like Slayer. But it didn't work.

I feel you on that one. Every metal head I know loves Slayer, but I just think they fucking suck. I always wanted to fit in and be a Slayer fan, just didn't happen no matter how many albums I borrowed from friends.

I also thought I would like Finntroll and TYR, because of the folk roots. I was so wrong.

Sepultura is another band I wanted to like, the drumming is awesome but I hate everything else about that band.

I tried out Porcupine Tree two years ago, I like them, but definitely not as great as most people say they are.

The one band I did decide to try out, because I liked Borknagar, was Vintersorg. Now I'm a die hard Mr. V fan.

I tried out Porcupine Tree two years ago, I like them, but definitely not as great as most people say they are.
Keep listening and they'll grow on you more and more. This is coming from someone who didn't know what to think the first couple of times of hearing them.