Bands similar to CoB?

Naildown-World domination is a very bodom ish album that i can put between HCDR and FTR
and Shining throne is extremly follow the reaper ish (title song)

Solerrain. They're about as similar to COB as it gets.
This is truth. Solerrain is awesome. I still feel like the only other band that has a similar skill and quality to them is Arch Enemy. Not Bodom like but still excellent musicians making excellent songs.

Trivium-Skilled guitarists, good song writers, none of their albums stay in my loader for more than a single play through.

Blood Stain Child-Influenced sound of Bodom. Very girlyish. Should replace pretty much most anime music with this.

Naildown-is doing it for me with my. NEED MORE BODOM.

For non-expert bodom dans, lol:
Sinergy-Alexi and Roope do some of their best playing here. 1st song. Gallowmere-welcome to the rabbit hole.
Inearthed-OLD bodom. Some cool stuff here.
Warmen-Jannes side band. Alexi guest appears, Janne's brother Antti plays guitar for the most part, now also for BODOM.
Stone-Roopes old band, if you can find much of it.
Kyllahullut-Alexi side band(village idiots translated) does some simply punky stuff here, Alexi does not disappopint.
*Thats it for now on whaet I remember of Bodoms musical branching. Im missing something, someone correct me.

Solerrain is actually very colorful and appealing. and of course there are the usual suspects... norther, etc.

But i will say, as a musician, there is ONLY ONE COB! listing to 'dead mans hand on you', there is such class and maturity in the guitar riffs, progressions, etc. I think COB is an art-forward band, with the exception of cheesy covers of course haha but that's just for the lolz and for fun/business. Funny I just saw the original wild-child live... Mr. Yngwie. The tickets just fell in my lap for free. I couldn't help but notice how much he influenced COB. But the difference is his songwriting. Yes he's the 'king of Sweden' as Alexi says, but COB has an element of punk, thrash, death and 80's rock that just makes it more fun than most metal bands. that said. Yngwie really kicked ass at the power metal stuff and he has loads of material to satiate the insatiable listener. and soaring/opera type power metal singers.screams get old, but power metal singers really don't to me. That's why I love so much of Sonata Arctica's material. (last record not so much)

I bet Yngwie knows who Alexi / COB are but he would never admit it, because he's a weenie haha

I think that video fits good in here feat. all kind off finish metal bands:

Anysone seen Roope in there?

Wait! 5:05, this is Roope? :D

Last edited:
I bet Yngwie knows who Alexi / COB are but he would never admit it, because he's a weenie haha

Only true men are man enough to admit they dig COB. All kinds of wussbags out there trying to look cool and hardcore by announcing they despise Bodom as a mainstream bullshit immaturity thing. Then you look at who they are and what they do and what music they like and it's all utter gayness. Everybody blows their socks off with Gangnam Style, but when they find out you like COB they think you are the idiot when it comes to music. The wiser I become the more I hate humans for their illogicality, there's so many major things fucked up in our societies. I'm this close to becoming a hermit...

Last edited:
I really first liked only "sons of winter and stars". And i saw some Clips from Jaari playing the new stuff. But now its flashing me away :D
Awesome composing and writing the stuff! You Fins always blow me away :D

Sounds nice, except gay clean vocals parts are poison to me. The keys with the lushly heavy sound is something fresh, but the mix forgets about guitars too much. The song was heading somewhere, then it dies off into this acoustic shit and I'm done.