Bands that would be better with a different vocalist?

Your fucking nuts dude...Barlow is the shit. It's Schaeffer who fucks everything up...Well right now anyways.

Agreed. Barlow is a great vocalist.

The last 2 Iced Earth albums were poor (both the one from Barlow and the one from Ripper), but that's Shaeffer's fault as he writes all of the music.

The vocals on Burnt Offerings, Dark Saga & Something Wicked are awesome. :headbang:

Who the hell wants to hear Run of the Mill with cookie monster 'fuck yeah' vocals. Sorry but no, fail. Judas Priest do not need shit, generic, harsh vocals that some of you would no doubt prefer.

Anyway for a band that would sound better with a different vocalist;Sacred Steel, and then every instrumentally good death metal band that has cookie monster, 'fuck yeah', generic, harsh vocals that most people on this forum don't actually like, (because they're shit) but have built up a tolerance to.

Quo Vadis and At the Gates stand out as being the best bands with the worst vocalists. I felt that Death's vocals could have been a lot better too. And I can't believe there are people out there who don't rate Russel Allen, he's like the best vocalist in the history of metal.

Yeah, see I think Quo Vadis' vocals are amazing, if Stephane was still in the band (He sang on Defiant Imagination), they would be ownage, I seen them live with the new one, pretty fucking good, but not even close to Stephane.

I'm going to throw out Behemoth, since typically I can't stand his shouted synthesized vocals.

Agreed.
I'll also weigh in on the other debates:
Owens>Barlow
Chuck Schuldinger and John Tardy, while not easy on the ears, fit their respective bands quite well. They may growl out of key, but the abrasive nature of their vocal styles makes the music sound heavier.
Lee Dorian also is a good fit for Cathedral. Who would you rather have, Scott Reagers?:yuk:
I also agree that Mastadon and Burzum's vocals are pretty lousy. The guitars totally save those bands.

I'm going to have to add some more...

Present Kreator (old Kreator was awesome)
Annihilator

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Obituary. Seems like people always bitch about Tardy. Either way I enjoy Obituary and think he fits well.

What, I've mentioned Tardy. I always disliked his vocal style.

Also, any bands that use belching are an immediate turn-off.
I only like harmonizing, drum-echoing vocals.

Immediately what came to mind for me is that Angela from Arch Enemy can get the boot and Johan can take back Arch Enemy. Just my opinion.

I agree about Mustaine, his vocals kill Megadeth.

However I love the vocals of Barlow, Virkenes, Schuldiner.