Bands that would be better with a different vocalist?

Tarja? Dude, what hole have you been living in for the past 5 years? :lol:

The last 5 years dont change the fact that Tarja used to be in the band though. I gotta say I would probably still not be a fan. Its not quite my style but I thought they got a lot better with Anette.

Immediately what came to mind for me is that Angela from Arch Enemy can get the boot and Johan can take back Arch Enemy. Just my opinion.

Im not a fan of Arch Enemy but Angela Gossow is quite horrible as a vocalist. Probably a good choice on the bands part though. I dont think they would be as popular as they are without being fronted by a female.

coheed & cambria
protest the hero
megadeth (could use some lyrical revision too)
iron maiden (prolly gonna get flamed for that)
Nazgul

Im not a fan of Arch Enemy but Angela Gossow is quite horrible as a vocalist. Probably a good choice on the bands part though. I dont think they would be as popular as they are without being fronted by a female.

For sure...Great marketing strategy that alot of other bands are starting to implement...Horrible...:puke:

(Not saying that a woman cannot fulfill their role in a metal band. Im just saying that when its used as a gimmick, talent is over-looked. JMO)

The last 5 years dont change the fact that Tarja used to be in the band though. I gotta say I would probably still not be a fan. Its not quite my style but I thought they got a lot better with Anette.

I feel the opposite. I preferred the actual operatic vocals to the random female pop singer vocals and watered down weak songs. Meh to the new stuff.

Then again, I don't even own any of their albums, I just much prefer the older work.

I feel the opposite. I preferred the actual operatic vocals to the random female pop singer vocals and watered down weak songs. Meh to the new stuff.

Then again, I don't even own any of their albums, I just much prefer the older work.

Im not a fan either really but from what I have heard I like Anette a whole lot better than Tarja. Tarja sounds to forced to me for whatever reason.

You must be high on crack.

Hopefully you are just talking about Blaze Bayley or refer to my initial comment :cool: .

looks like u are a fan of the higher pitch clean vocals, I can't stand em honestly, and I wouldn't listen to maiden if the guitar wasn't so amazing. :erk:

Don't get me wrong I respect Rob Halford for what he did/does for Priest but I he really struggles with those high notes live.

looks like u are a fan of the higher pitch clean vocals, I can't stand em honestly, and I wouldn't listen to maiden if the guitar wasn't so amazing. :erk:

I don't mind higher pitched if it's done well. There are line crossers though (like Halford). I don't know how anyone could fill Rody Walker's shoes, his voice fits PtH perfectly, not to mention half the time he is screaming or growling.

Claudio I admit having to get used to, but he does fit Coheed.

Bruce Dickinson must be seen live to be thoroughly appreciated I think. The guy puts on a great performance even in his (50)s?