Bands that would be better with a different vocalist?

I just got into Symphony X recently, and while I enjoy the guitar parts and arrangements, the vocals leave something to be desired. It isn't a bad vocal, but it isn't anything really distinctive either. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I think you're crazy. Russell Allen is one of the best vocalists in metal. The last album isn't a very good indicator of that, though. So I suggest listening to The Odyssey.

Deris-era Helloween, Rinehart-era Dark Angel, and Manilla Road would suck less with decent singers.

Bands that would be better with a different vocalist?

female fronted bands

I was joking

allthough they shouldnt be called female fronted bands because that makes them attention whores. well, they shouldnt be attention whores at all. female vocalists are fine, but dont sing through every riff!

I do think it's kinda silly how bands do get extra attention just because they have a female in the band.

I was joking

allthough they shouldnt be called female fronted bands because that makes them attention whores. well, they shouldnt be attention whores at all. female vocalists are fine, but dont sing through every riff!

It's too bad you're joking because female fronted bands are horrible. I can't think of a single good one. Women as metal fans is totally cool, and even as musicians they have the right to play in metal bands if they so choose. But any band that has a female in it....sorry, I just can't take the band seriously. It's more like a novelty.

It's too bad you're joking because female fronted bands are horrible. I can't think of a single good one. Women as metal fans is totally cool, and even as musicians they have the right to play in metal bands if they so choose. But any band that has a female in it....sorry, I just can't take the band seriously. It's more like a novelty.

Bolt Thrower?
(The new) Quo Vadis?
Theater of Tragedy?