bands with flawless discographies

Gorguts
Bolt Thrower
Voivod
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Jimi Hendrix
The Doors
I would say Motorhead, but like H.P. said... March or Die
March or Die is still decent though, it's got Hellraiser, You Better Run, Bad Religion, and their cover of Cat Scratch Fever. I agree with all of those except maybe Voivod, who I like a lot, I just don't think they've got a perfect track record (no pun intended).

I also really like Asylum Choir and Name In Vain, so fuck it, please add the immortal Motorhead to my list! Voivod may have a couple of questionable releases by trying to rehash some of Piggy's riffs into songs, but that band is so fucking amazing to me. Easily one of my all-time faves!

Asylum Choir might actually be my least favorite track from the album, but Name In Vain is cool, so yeah. I can see where you're coming from with Voivod as well, definitely one thrash's more impressive bands.

Reactions: Atomic Tide
I'll throw Grand Magus in there. Haven't heard an album that I didn't like from them because they're all pretty great in my opinion. And you know, maybe Manilla Road. I'm a bit on the fence about one of their albums but, they're pretty flawless across the board really. I'm sure others would agree.

I understand why TSOP gets some hate, but you simply can't lump Symbolic in with it. My favorite Death albums are Leprosy and Symbolic, but I think the albums in between those are not 100% solid, and there's definitely some weakness on TSOP, even though I like it overall.

I think Bolt Thrower and Coroner were sort of site consensus picks in a similar thread a while back. I have Mental Vortex and No More Color, wish I had the others.

Oh fuck, get Punishment for Decadence.

Death is the closest metal band to having a flawless discography though I didn't like their debut. Strange that Human and Symbolic are probably regarded as their best but I like those the least of their six albums after the debut. Sound of perseverance and Spiritual Healing might almost be underrated, if there is a such thing for a death album, because of all of the criticism they get.
As for a non-metal band, Jimi Hendrix hands down.

GET READY FOR SOME CONTROVERSIAL SHIT FAGGORTZ!!

Death (I didn't think this a few years ago)
Illdisposed
King's-X
Bolt Thrower
Alice in Chains
Armored Saint
Creedence Clearwater Revival
I would agree with Enslaved with what I've heard
Heathen
Immortal
Jungle Rot
Rush

Death is the closest metal band to having a flawless discography though I didn't like their debut. Strange that Human and Symbolic are probably regarded as their best but I like those the least of their six albums after the debut. Sound of perseverance and Spiritual Healing might almost be underrated, if there is a such thing for a death album, because of all of the criticism they get.
As for a non-metal band, Jimi Hendrix hands down.

Nope, they're not the metal band closest to having a flawless discography.

Reactions: Phylactery
When I first started getting more serious about metal and looked up discussion about it on the Internet, I was led to believe that Death were the holy grail of death metal and I should immediately acquire all albums. I followed this advice and got them all and I ended up getting rid of half of them! What lies I was told.

Since then, whenever someone mentions "Death's flawless discography" I roll my eyes and assume they're quite new to metal and don't know any better. Of course there are exceptions with some experienced metallers who genuinely love all of their stuff.

The first four Death albums range from good to great to me depending on the mood I'm in but the other three I just don't like at all.

Reactions: CiG
DEATH (I really like The Sound Of Perseverance. It's a lot more technical.)
CODE ORANGE KIDS
SLAYER (I hated Repentless when it first came out, but it grew on me.)
NAILS
PUNCH
OFF!
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
SYSTEM OF A DOWN (Storaged Melodies doesn't count.)
UNIT 731
HALCYON WAY