Bands you like that everyone else hates

Opeth - I don't have as high an opinion of them as I used to, so acknowledge their flaws while still enjoying most of their music.
Gojira - A lot of their stuff is boring, and I rarely listen to them anymore, let alone full albums. But when I'm in the mood, I can really enjoy their riff salads.
Symphony X - Completely undeserved, albums like V are absolute masterpieces
Meshuggah - I don't care what anyone else says, Meshuggah is fucking awesome. Yes, some of their stuff is meh and listening to them for a long time can get tedious. But they really fit every mood and are a classic go-to band when I don't know what to listen to.
Novembre - Alright, they're pretty gay sometimes, but whenever I'm in a romantic mood, they're pretty damn good.
Nile - Everything from Annihilation onward has been awesome. Their earlier stuff is kinda boring, somewhat due to the flat production.
Dream Theater - Prob my favorite band back in elementary school. I rarely listen to them now, but I still love their pre-2000 material.

Opeth - I don't have as high an opinion of them as I used to, so acknowledge their flaws while still enjoying most of their music.

This is pretty much my opinion of them right now. I become more and more aware every day of the weak songwriting but still enjoy the riffs, melodies, solos, vocals, acoustic guitars, etc. etc. to no end.

Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
Bilocate
Wintersun
Lamb of God
Mastodon
Landmine Marathon

And an assload of metalcore/deathcore.

Why should one be ashamed of liking a band that enjoys a steady cult following? Actually, why should one be ashamed of liking any kind of music. I mean, it's just music. You people are weirdos.

Do people really hate PT, Wintersun, and SA on the forum? Back on Topic:

Norma Jean (although only one cd)
Machinehead(only The Blackening)
Nevermore
Origin
Torche
Toxic Holocaust
Velvet Cacoon
WhiteChapel

Sonata Arctica
Opeth
Iced Earth
Dream Theater
CoB
Wintersun
Toxic Holocaust

Guilty pleasures? In my book you are more guilty if you dont like them.

Actually, why should one be ashamed of liking any kind of music. I mean, it's just music.

True, everyone got different tastes. And some people seem to think everyone should have the same taste as themself. Its like, some guys enjoys the vagin. Other enjoy the cock. If everyone should enjoy the same, this planet would either by overpopulated or totally gay.

But after all, this thread was named Bands you like that everyone else hates.

So I guess I pick one of the most hated one at the moment (Not Bring Me The Horizon cause they suck donkeyballs)...but Suicide Silence!

From Mars To Sirius is a great album.

:kickass: