Bands you like that everyone else hates

At this point, I think it's safe to say listing Opeth is a little pointless. They arent hated that much, apparently.

The cheesiest, gayest power metal bands...
The Sword
Arsonists Get All the Girls
Cathedral

I think most of the bands listed in this thread are not bands that people in the metal community in general dislikes. Quite the opposite. Opeth, Mastodon, Nile, Dream Theater, Nevermore, Machine head etc are all well respected along with many of the other bands listed.

Amon Amarth King Diamond Stratovarius Hammerfall The vision bleak Dimmu Borgir..etc

I think most of the bands listed in this thread are not bands that people in the metal community in general dislikes. Quite the opposite. Opeth, Mastodon, Nile, Dream Theater, Nevermore, Machine head etc are all well respected along with many of the other bands listed.
You're probably right. This forum is a little more curmudgeonly than the metal community at large.

There are bands mentioned in this thread that do not belong here. For example Porcupine Tree, i've seen most of the people on this forum falling in love with them.
As for me, i'll say Dimmu Borgir. I enjoy their discography from For All Tid to In Sorte Diaboli.

There's like three or four people on this forum (including me) who are curmudgeonly about modern metal so I don't know what you people are talking about.

Why should one be ashamed of liking a band that enjoys a steady cult following? Actually, why should one be ashamed of liking any kind of music. I mean, it's just music. You people are weirdos.

Why do people always insist on stating the obvious? The title of the thread is "Bands you like that everyone else hates" not "Bands you are ashamed of listening to."

No, all I meant was that the feeling of shame should be totally divorced from the experience of listening to music you know other people may deem inferior. Music is personal, not universal.