Beer

Except Cobra and Mickey's aren't 8.1 ABV. Two tall boys of the Reserve and you're fucking done.

Anyways, I'm back home drinking my parent's beer. My dad seems to be on a Michelob Ultra kick and my Mom drinks nothing but Miller 64 (which is fucking awful). The Ultra isn't fucking terrible, but certainly boring. It does have a better taste than a normal light beer like Bud Light or Miller Light, but nothing I'd ever spend money on.

True, but I'd rather drink two or three 40's of the other two than deal with the rancid hell that is 211...Hell, even OE 800 has a High Gravity that's drinkable...

OE 800 is the same as King Cobra. But fuck, I'd rather spend $3 on two 24oz Reserve than $4.50 on 2-3 40oz Cobras. Mickey's is even worse. Mickey's kinda sucks for the price.

photoon20120512at19.jpg

40 oz Hurricane is less than $2 here. That would be my choice for getting ready to do something fucking stupid. They're pretty decent when they're really cold. When they start to get warm you really start to taste metal though.
Steel Reserve is okay. (12 packs of that shit at walmart for $6)
I've never had Mickeys before, just a case of do I want good beer or do I want to get drunk cheap... kinda falls in a grey area

It's a Southern Tier Gemini night... trying this for the first time. Interesting blend, very heavy though. Incredibly bitter and punishing but balanced nicely by the wheat... at times. Cool stuff, a full review will be up soon on OG I think.

Staropramen Cool Lemon for breakfast. I might be going down the wrong path, both in intake and choice of drink, but fuck it.

Don't let it get too, too cold. Stouts can actually be better at room temperature. Also, did you get the nitro or the regular one?

Just the regular, they did not have the Nitro. :(

I read your reviews on OG, btw way. The Sam Adams were spot on, but there's a couple I've never heard of. Maybe try getting away from the IPA's a little, though. Seems that's the majority of your choices so far...I hate almost all IPAs.

Yeah, I noticed that they're all IPAs so far, it's most of what I've been interested in right now, haha. I'm planning on getting some new things soon... the review for tonight will most likely be a low-gravity altbier done by a local brewery... kinda great.

It's got the flavor of coffee with cream and sugar alongside the mild hoppy flavor. I didn't know this kind of flavor in a stout or any other beer was possible...

Yeah, milk (sweet) stouts are like that. Lactose is used during the brewing process or added later and brings out the cream flavor, which incidentally also really smooths out the way it finishes. You need to find the nitro one, though haha... if you thought regular LH Milk Stout was creamy, hoo boy.