Beer

Coincidentally enough, I just picked up a four-pack of Duvel tonight along with a four-pack of St. Bernardus and a mixer-sixer of the following: Sierra Nevada Porter, Sierra Nevada Stout, Left Hand Milk Stout, Left Hand Black Jack Porter, Founders Devil Dancer (had this last weekend; 12% ABV 112 IBUs, massive and awesome), and Central Waters Satin Solstice Imperial Stout.

Had a Sierra Nevada Big Foot. Fucking delicious. Drank a few home beers from Rhodell's tonight as well. Crushed a delicious Black Heart Porter and their Hydra Hop Head. Then watched The Terminator.

Sierra Nevada Big Foot

Holy fuck! Did you get pictures? Like some quality iPhone pictures or video? You could have just solved the biggest supernatural mystery of our generation!!!!!!!!!!

I picked up a six-pack of Newcastle Werewolf Blood
Did you buy that from a god damned Van Helsing? Who are you? What do you know?

You two are both becoming very suspicious right now...

Just cracked open my bomber of Stone Cali-Belgique. I do not like the smell of it at all, but it tastes great. It's exactly what I was hoping for. I thought it would lean more heavily towards the IPA style, but it actually tastes like a Belgian Golden Ale with some hoppiness to it. It's a very good beer & I will definitely be getting some more of it now that I know where to find it.

Bought a six pack of Founders Porter tonight to tide me over until I can get to Holiday Market sometime in the next two days to do a through search for god knows what.

Enjoying it a good bit. Perfect amount of bitterness (something I've never been too big a fan of with beers, but this has it perfect) and a nice coffee-ish finish.

Good stuff.

I went to the local liquor store in search of pumpkin beers and they not "hit" Peoria. Well, the the New England breweries have not.

Last night Guy and I gave me a few swigs of his Founders Devil Dancer, which is a huge "holy fuck this is strong and awesome" beer and his St. Bernadus ABT 12, which is great as always.

Spent all day drinking and handing out beer. Solid work day. Meh beer suffices in the sun.

media1.jpg

^ Pretty sure I could handle handing out & drinking beers all day. Might even be the best job ever.

I went to Gomer's again. The place is seriously overwhelming, I need to take my digi cam with me the next time I go. Still wasn't feeling too adventurous though. Picked up more Duvel & Polestar Pilsner. The only thing new I got was a bomber of Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale. Can't wait to try that.

It's typically considered one of the best black IPAs to be widely marketed. My favorite is probably Clown Shoes' Hoppy Feet/Hoppy Feet 1.5

Got a 6er of New Holland's Ichabod and it was as good as I remember it being when Jeremy was here. :kickass:

Also got a 6er of Original Sin cider which I'm currently making my 'polish off the pack tonight' drink. Perfect hard cider. Not super sweet like some, not too vinegary like a few I've had, and enough of a kick to it.

Over indulged on Two-Hearted Ale from Bells at the bar the other night. One of the smoothest IPA's I have had to date...and it certainly caught up to me.

Had a Sierra Nevada Big Foot. Fucking delicious. Drank a few home beers from Rhodell's tonight as well. Crushed a delicious Black Heart Porter and their Hydra Hop Head. Then watched The Terminator.

stash some Bigfoot away for a few years if you can. It gets fucking beautiful with a year or two on it.

Recently had Firestone Walker's Double DBA. It's the imperial version of their Double Barrel Ale. Firestone Walker is one of those breweries who can really do no wrong in my opinion. This beer is fucking delicious. It's not overwhelming like Parabola. It's more refined and delicious. If you come across it, snag as much as you can (afford)

Got a 6er of New Holland's Ichabod and it was as good as I remember it being when Jeremy was here. :kickass:

Ichabod is a pumpkin ale right? I had a glass or two of it at the Cambridge Brewing Co.'s Great Pumpkin Fest last Fall and it was seriously the shit. I'll be going back again soon so hopefully I'll get to drink it again!

Koger, that sounds pretty killer.

Ichabod is a pumpkin ale right? I had a glass or two of it at the Cambridge Brewing Co.'s Great Pumpkin Fest last Fall and it was seriously the shit. I'll be going back again soon so hopefully I'll get to drink it again!

Koger, that sounds pretty killer.

Yeah, that's what it is. Really the only thing I absolutely love from New Holland.

I saw Sam Adams Norse Legend Sahti at the store, and I had to get it, because I've never had any Sahti before. I also bought some mead. They had several different brands of mead offerings, none of which I'd seen last time I was there, or ever.

the one time I've had mead, it was fucking delicious. My brewing buddy and I are going to be doing a braggot this fall, which is a hybrid of mead and ale.