Beer

Sounds amazing. I only scored one 12oz bottle of the barleywine. Oh well. I still have several bottles of last years BCBS.

In regards to Pliny, honestly, it isn't the end all be all IPA. I've had countless IPAs that surpass Pliny. I'll take Alpine Duet, Nelson, Pure Hoppiness or Exponential Hoppiness any day. The majority of Beachwood BBQ's IPAs are all outstanding. That's one thing we do not have a shortage of here in California are hoppy beers good god

Just drank my first of a four-pack of Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail. It's 13% so it doesn't taste anything like a traditional imperial IPA but it has more characteristics in common with an American barleywine... syrupy, sweet and slick, though with a drying pine-laden, citric (orange peel/grapefruit) finish.

I saw that on Facebook. Sounds good. I got a bottle of Imperial Biscotti Break which is one of my favorites and their cherry Biscotti Break. Can't wait to open those.

I was very pumped to get four for 15 bucks, since it's a huge beer. Great price; loving the brewing they're doing in CT because it's getting distributed quite well around MA!

very cool. I'm in love with Modern Times brewing company right now. They're a new brewery out of San Diego (surprise surprise). Everything I've had from them has been awesome. Their Blazing World IPA is one of the dankest beers I've ever had. They have a pale ale too that is just fantastic. They're definitely a brewery to keep an eye on

Drinking lots of Rolling Rock the past few days. I decided to try something different and instead of being a hipster with my PBR I grabbed a 30 of the RR for the same price. Meh, I'm going to stick with PBR and Hamm's still.

Yeah I tend to dig rye malts in my beer. Sierra Nevada makes a Rye IPA that's just stellar, and Great Divide's Rye Lager graced my lips just last night. It's really good for cooking too.

Yeah Sierra is delish...ill surely try Great Divides.
While I was at it with the Otter Creeks...tried their Hop session ale. Nearly as good as the Nice Ryed.

Drinking lots of Rolling Rock the past few days. I decided to try something different and instead of being a hipster with my PBR I grabbed a 30 of the RR for the same price. Meh, I'm going to stick with PBR and Hamm's still.

My local general store started stocking 16oz bomber 6pks of RRs, PBRs and now Keystones ($4.99). I probably drink Keystone more than any other beer, the RRs and PBRs just give me the wickedist hangovers lately.

For the game tonight I'm gonna be drinking some of these:

allagash-black.jpg

and...

youngschocolatestout-570x380.jpg

I'm good to go.

The only Allagash (I always see Agalloch lol) I've had is their White, which is quite good.

Oh, and Young's Double Chocolate Stout rules hard. Especially with a nitro tap.

Yeah man, I always think Agalloch when I see it.
I gotta say, I'm not a fan of the Youngs. Too much artificial chocolate and the nitro gives it an annoying creamy/smooth consistency. Come to think of it, I didn't like the Sam Smith chocolate stout either. Guess it's not my cup of beer.