Beer

Man, what i wouldnt do for a couple bottles of Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. By far, my favorite stout ive ever had the pleasure of pouring in my face hole.

Just tried Killian's Irish Red and Guinness Extra Stout for the first time. Guinness gets my approval but Killians isn't very good at all, which is what I expected considering the negative reviews it often gets. Extra stout has a really nice thick creamy head to it with a strong distinctive taste. While Killian's just tastes like beer flavored water.

Yesterday I picked up Black Isle's oatmeal stout, Maine Beer Company's Lunch ipa and Straffe Hendrik's Bruges Tripel. Drank the oatmeal stout last night and it was tasty as fuck.

Just tried Killian's Irish Red and Guinness Extra Stout for the first time. Guinness gets my approval but Killians isn't very good at all, which is what I expected considering the negative reviews it often gets. Extra stout has a really nice thick creamy head to it with a strong distinctive taste. While Killian's just tastes like beer flavored water.

Yeah it's probably one of the worst reds out there lol. You asked for noob recs though and it's the first red I had 10 yrs ago after being a bud light/coors light drinker. So naturally I thought it was good back then when I was a noob. Reds are awesome, try a few more by craft breweries in my opinion.

I'm drinking the new Ommegang beer, Valar Morghulis, from the Game of Thrones series. It's a Belgian dubbel, with nothing outside of the box, but very tasty.

how was it?

so I had Clown Shoes' Pecan Pie Porter last night, porter with 25% aged in bourbon barrels. I was kind of let down by it. I was expecting a boozy pecan pie, but instead I got a slightly sweet porter. I wanted more of the individual parts rather than the whole. Oh well

075f85b0995f983f9b58131f93548a4e_320x320.jpg

Anyone else been able to get their hands on this bad boy?

Just gave Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale a shot. Overall not too much to talk about, very watery and not much flavor aside from the slight pumpkin taste. I'll keep looking into other pumpkin beers for something superior.

I'll still say Saranac was my favorite pumpkin beer. Shipyard tastes like some holiday spiced light beer. Not really pumpkiny but not overly offensive. Pumpking smells awesome but doesn't taste that great.

Dove in the deep end and tried a torpedo last weekend. I killed the 32 oz pretty quick but it didn't even taste like beer to me. Tasted like unsweetened grapefruit juice and I'm not overly opposed to that. Will try some more.

Sierra Nevada, 22 oz you mean? Great IPA.

I tracked down Good Gourd by Cigar City Brewing. Having it on draft as I type. Often times rated the best pumpkin beer available. It comes in at over 9% and it really delivers. Not so huge on spices, but it smells and tastes like pumpkins. So good. It took a lot of effort to track down, but well worth it.

I'm in a severe minority among beer drinkers, but Sierra Nevada bores me to tears. Every single beer is a glass of pine needles, and god forbid they allow some fruitiness in their beers. Torpedo is pine and onion, which is somehow worse. The Ovila series is fine, but nothing to seek out. I'm not even sure the stout and porter exist, because I haven't seen them locally in years. I suppose the Kellerweiss is a solid weiss. SN feels exemplary of the period 3-6 years ago when hoppy beers were absolutely everything. I think they at risk of really falling behind Lagunitas and other brands with national aspirations.