Beer

I like Sierra Nevada as a go-to. Kellerweiss is a staple in my fridge during the summer. Their Narwhal imperial stout is fucking fantastic though. It's a big, chewy, chocolatey beer. I prefer it over Old Rasputin

One of the worst. Please give Southern Tiers Warlock, Pumking, Weyerbacher's Imperial Pumpkin, or Lakefront's Imperial Pumpkin a go if you can.

I'll try to thanks. I tried Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin ale today and it's hardly an improvement compared to Shipyard. It's very watery and the flavors are either faint to nonexistent, I can barely taste the pumpkin in it. The search continues.

Had Avery's Rumpkin last night and holy fuck that is a sexy beer. It's a rum barrel aged pumpkin porter, and it works. Clocking in at 16.7%, it'll also warm the loins

Goose Island Rambler IPA, excellent seasonal IPA, very easily drinkable yet deep flavor. I'm going to look for a 6 pack of it.

Abita Octoberfest Lager, first American Octoberfest brew that I can truly recommend.

Krow: I'm interested in that pack from Sierra Nevada...will have to grab one

Had a Ninkasi Oktoberfest Marzen Lager last night, and it was by far the best Oktoberfest beer I've had. Something about the malt profile and drinkability made it just perfect. I'm not often impressed by marzens, but this one definitely did

I like torpedo extra and have had flip side, sometimes i like it, sometimes i dont. Strange.

Currently enjoying my last Cold Trail blonde ale. Brewed pretty close to home, its fairly light and really easy to down. Will be picking up some more.

I grabbed Narwhal the other day and it is quite amazing. That is how you make a stout. I also picked up Green Bullet triple IPA. I didn't know there were triple IPAs. It was very good and piney. I normally don't care for piney brews.

Had Narwhal a few weeks back and it was very good, but Old Raspy is still tops for me when it comes to Russian Imperials.

Had this one a few days ago ...
18a910e8-9673-44cd-9445-18e58d58a502_zpseb21d6ad.jpg

... while not as good as the aforementioned brews, still a pretty good RI, and the bomber goes for less than $5.

7eca0641-5853-48f6-85e0-8e29304fe23c_zpsb715f10b.jpg

... one of my favorite DIPA's.

Local pub had Founder's Rubeus on tap tonight. So nice to get a raspberry beer that actually tasted like beer and not like raspberry soda.

Grabbed a pint of Ayinger Brau Weisse at the local liquor store. Jesus fucking Christ it was wonderful. So good I'm going back for more tomorrow. Was surprised to see its one of the highest rated beers I've ever tried on beer advocate also. Its hefeweizen and by far the best ive even had. Heavy on the banana and wheat.

Yeah the Ayinger and Weihenstephaner are my two favorite hefeweizens. You really can't beat an authentic German hefeweizen or doppelbock. Mmmm.

Next month I'm going to Shelton Brothers' Festival. Shelton Brothers is one of the major distribution companies for craft beer in the US; they import a lot of stuff from Europe, and a lot of the good craft breweries in the states. This is the first time they've held the event on the West Coast, and it's IN MY HOMETOWN. I'm beyond excited. Here's the taplist:

http://www.sheltonbrothers.com/the-festival-tap-list/

Jester King, Hill Farmstead, Side Project, Arizona Wilderness, Drie Fonteinen, and Crooked Stave (among many others) all under the same roof? Fuck me. Be still, my quivering liver

Smithwick's Irish Ale and Saranac's pumpkin ale are both duds for me. Saranac's is probably the worst pumpkin ale I've tried so far.