Beer

Also, do you like IPA's and DIPAs?

I honestly haven't tried a DIPA yet, that I can recall. I don't have unlimited access to purchasing beer due to the law, so there's still a few styles of beer I have yet to try (Porters, certain Ales, etc.), but I have definitely enjoyed most IPAs that I've tried, so I'd imagine I'd take to a DIPA. I've seen lots of people mention Pliny specially, on the internet.

Pliny is pretty easy to find on tap in Long Beach. Beachwood and Congregation get it frequently. Bottles can usually be found at Stearns, The Wine Country, and Whole Foods, but Russian River got pissed at retailers posting when their stuff comes in since it sells out so quickly. So Russian River asked retailers to stop posting when it comes in. Seems stupid but whatever.

That being said, Pliny is very good, but there are a number of beers Beachwood makes that I would rather have anyday over Pliny

Also, do you like IPA's and DIPAs?

Love both. I've tried a triple and a quadruple IPA but they were a bit much for me. DIPA is about that sweet spot of hops for my palate. Some really good Reds hit it too.

[EDIT] Insomnia IPA, from Temecula, now. Pretty damn good. +Cheesy metal artwork.

5c811cdedc4dc8f219480639e83cf024.jpg

Pilsner Urquell switched to brown bottles and sped up their shipping to the US. I liked it before, but it's so much better now.

edit: I could drink these like Onder <3

I've been partial to Molson Canadian Cold Shots. Small cans but 6.0% alcohol content. And in eight-packs for ten bucks even. Fuck yeah. Two or three eight-packs and I'm set.

I picked up a couple 4-packs: Samuel Smith Taddy Porter and Stillwater Artisinal Cellar Door. Never had the Taddy, heard good things. Cellar Door is a legit farmhouse ale.

I picked up a couple 4-packs: Samuel Smith Taddy Porter and Stillwater Artisinal Cellar Door. Never had the Taddy, heard good things. Cellar Door is a legit farmhouse ale.

The Taddy Porter and Oatmeal Stout are the best thing Samuel Smith does...very traditional English style ales done right. Love em

Actually, just picked up a chick at a bar. She was drinking Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Can't go wrong there. I started with a Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Sumpin', but I soon joined her with the Bell's.

The haul:

Dogfish Head - Palo Santo Marron
Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale
Samuel Smith's Organic Cider
Samuel Smith's Organic Pale Ale
Karl Strauss - Tower 20 IIPA

Palo Santo Marron is great.

I use Palo Santo wood as incense though, so I'm highly accustomed to thinking of it as a 'good smell'. I love this beer. I think someone who didn't know the smell might not like this at first.

Samuel Smith Organic Pale Ale- another winner. Just wish it was Organic IPA. not quite enough hops.

The Apple Cider was meh, I've had better. Feeling pretty tipsy, will save the other 2 for anohter night

That Dogfish Head sounds interesting.

Have you tried the India Ale from Samuel Smith? A pretty good Englsih IPA. Their Oatmeal Stout is my favorite.

I was at Trader Joe's earlier today and decided to fuck with some of their brews for the first time. Grabbed the Josephsbrau Czech PLZNR and their Stockyard Oatmeal Stout. $5.99 6 packs.

Fridge is loaded with Bohemias and Modelo Negras, and I also grabbed a sixer of Ninkasis Oatis yesterday. I'm fucking stocked.

Yeah PSM is pretty solid. It ages fantastically too.

Spent the weekend in San Diego. That obviously means lots of beer. Found a bottle shop that had Cantillon just sitting on the shelf. Cheapest one was $50, which is a fucking high markup, so I passed. They did have every BA Avery beer from the past year, so I loaded up on that. Also made the pilgrimage out to Alpine to get my two favorite hoppy beers: Nelson & Pure Hoppiness. A good weekend

^ Man i need to get ass down to all those badass breweries in the SD area.

Swung by Lucky Baldwins last night, best pub in the area here.

Had a RR Damnation with my rib-eye steak sandwich and followed it up with Stones 09' Old Guardian, which was SO FUCKING GOOD! They were out of Pliny, but i did get a chance to try Blind Pig for the first time ... and wow, such a good IPA. Russian River