Beer

I actually prefer Blind Pig to Pliny. It sucks they stopped sending bottles of Blind Pig down south :( Whenever I see it on tap I grab it

^ Man i need to get ass down to all those badass breweries in the SD area.

Swung by Lucky Baldwins last night, best pub in the area here.

Had a RR Damnation with my rib-eye steak sandwich and followed it up with Stones 09' Old Guardian, which was SO FUCKING GOOD! They were out of Pliny, but i did get a chance to try Blind Pig for the first time ... and wow, such a good IPA. Russian River

This place has Pliny? On the regular??????

I might hit up Russian River here in a couple of weeks (Bachelor party!). I'll let you know if I do and send you some goodies if TB doesn't take care of you. Also, Younger is only on draft, so you pretty much have to be in CA the week that it's available

Thanks man! Ah dude, looks like the Taddy Porter isn't for me. Something about English ales... Too smooth or something.but I only had one so we'll see what a second bottle will do.

It's good for when you want an old-world ale that you don't have to think about, like Weihenstephaner for a Hefe or Reissdorf for a kolsch. When I was at Societe last week they had a single-hop lager on called The Bachelorette that just hit the fucking spot.

currently drinking some Dogfish Head 60 min IPA

EDIT: it's good, but it kind of tastes more like a Pale Ale than an IPA. I'd like to try the 90.

Ended up waiting 3 hours last night for the band I wanted to see to come on so I sat at the bar and got absolutely wrecked.

Had some good stuff.
A pint of St Peter Cream Stout
A pint of Samuel Smith organic chocolate stout (my favorite beer ever)
2 pints of Ayinger Weizenbock
A Belgium wheat beer of which I can't remember the name
2 yuengling lagers

And I can't remember what else and Jesus fucking Christ my head hurts.

Avery's expensive 12 ounce sours never disappoint... this is fantastic.

sM9prnK.jpg

I found a bottle shop in San Diego that had Black Eye, Rumpkin, Pump[ky]n, 5 Monks, and Uncle Jacob's Stout. I wept with a combination of joy and sorrow for my wallet

I want more sours. They're so fucking hard to find on draft here.

I did have Founders Blushing Monk on draft last night. Holy shit. 9% alcohol and it tastes like a raspberry dessert. My first fruit beer and I loved it.

I have yet to have a bad Founders beer...then again I haven't had much Founders to begin with since they don't distribute out here. That being said, the only beer they make that's blown me away was CBS. It's like drinking liquid pancakes with maple syrup.

Heading up to the bay area this weekend for my buddy's bachelor party where we'll be staying near Russian River. Bringing my favorite SoCal beers to share:

Alpine Nelson
Alpine Pure Hoppiness
Beachwood Melrose
Beachwood Rye Like an Eagle
Saint Archer Mosaic
Noble Aleworks I Love It!
De Garde Petit Desay
Cascade Figaro (2012)
Anchorage/Crooked Stave Between the Staves

...so the last three aren't SoCal but whatever. God help my liver and wallet this weekend

^ sounds like a blast and thanks again!

I take my Founders statement back. Had the All Day IPA twice last night and I can't get on board with it. There are great session IPAs out there, this was not one of them. But I needs me some CBS, sounds delicious!