Beer

Consecration is my favorite. It also ages superbly. It's like a wine. Supplication is sometimes hit or miss with me. I like it, but it's never been my favorite

Can't wait to try the Consecration. I mentioned to a bartender at House4Beer the other day that I had Supplication and Consecration. He wanted to trade me a Heady Topper and a Good Gourd for the Consecration. Glad I didn't take him up on it. Although I've always wanted to try Heady Topper, much as I wanted to try Pliny, I know the value of a good sour. And I might be bold enough to say I enjoyed the Supplication a tad more than Pliny. Crazy shit here ya'll. Both were 10/10 though.

I love anything sour, so yes.

Favorite sour I've had's been the Boulevard Lovechild, but I've lately discovered the Beatnik Sour by Exile.

Anyone here love Gose's?

I'm drinking an Anderson Valley's Lemon Zest Gose.

Fucking unbelievable. Love this style.

Fucking love gose beers. Anderson Valley does one called The Kimmie, The yank, and the holy gose...It's a great go to. I like em really tart and salty. Refreshing!

Went to Beachwood BBQ today for their bottle release of System of a Stout, their Armenian coffee imperial stout aged on oak. It's one of my favorites that they do. Six bottle limit. Grabbed five to keep it under $100. Sold out in four hours. I told one of my friends who doesn't drink beer at all that the craft beer scene is largely a bunch of nerds with drinking problems (case in point)

For those who can get it, The Calling IPA from Boulevard is one of the best I've ever had. It smells dank. It tastes like all the hop notes at once, in a balanced and smooth way. Citrus, grapefruit, pine... just hops. All of them. Easier to drink than 8.5%. Disturbingly slammable. Honestly might be one of the 10 best beers I've ever had.

Went to Beachwood BBQ today for their bottle release of System of a Stout, their Armenian coffee imperial stout aged on oak. It's one of my favorites that they do. Six bottle limit. Grabbed five to keep it under $100. Sold out in four hours. I told one of my friends who doesn't drink beer at all that the craft beer scene is largely a bunch of nerds with drinking problems (case in point)

Sounds interesting. Not a fan of "coffee-ish" stouts, or coffee in general ... but im probably going to have to try that one, or maybe grab a few for the family, they all love Armenian coffee.

here are a few pics of the Ol' Burro beers ...

CIMG3692_zpsgkegtrgk.jpg

CIMG3675_zpshppfyej5.jpg

And a few stouts ...

CIMG3658_zpstnzww07y.jpg

CIMG3657_zpshentn4iy.jpg

Picked up some Summerfest from Vons last night. Decided to give it another shot since ive been off of a pilsner kick recently, and i'm almost convinced that SN just doesn't know how to brew a proper pilsner.

So Im going to be up (kinda) by the bay at the end of the month. Ill be in Santa Clara, and Im pushing my buddy to tag along with me to Russian River cause its only like an hour and a half away. But, hes dragging his feet hard on going, because they apparently (as expected) are always out of everything. He said the few times he went, they had barely anything and left frustrated and disappointed. How was it when you went Mike?

Also, he threw out 21 Amendment, Drakes and Magnolia. Anyone have experience with any of those?

Yeah man, I'm leaning more towards just saying fuck it and taking the gamble.

I'd rather be there and have shit not available, then not go and go somewhere else and have no Russian River goodness.

Check their website before leaving. The only thing is the limits change from day to day and sometimes based on the customer (if you're being a douchebag, your limits week be really low or they'll just tell you to get out. They're not hurting for business)

In regards to the other breweries, Magnolia is good and Drake's isn't bad. If you're gonna go across the bay I would just go to Faction. They're fantastic

Had a Knee Deep Breaking Bud last night. Loved it. Really little to no malt profile, so the beer was super crisp. Nice, fruity and floral hop profile. Crushable. Knee Deep has been killing it lately. This and their collaboration with Kern River, Lupulin River, have been two of my favorites this past year (with Saint Archer's Mosaic DIPA close behind)

Sounds interesting. Not a fan of "coffee-ish" stouts, or coffee in general ... but im probably going to have to try that one, or maybe grab a few for the family, they all love Armenian coffee.

here are a few pics of the Ol' Burro beers ...
And a few stouts ...

CIMG3658_zpstnzww07y.jpg

CIMG3657_zpshentn4iy.jpg

Picked up some Summerfest from Vons last night. Decided to give it another shot since ive been off of a pilsner kick recently, and i'm almost convinced that SN just doesn't know how to brew a proper pilsner.

I don't know those beers I'm sure they are tasty, but that is an awesome glass skull in those pics!