Beer

Hey KD have you checked out a place out on countyline road called shallos? Man they have a great variety of beer and i highly suggest you check a place out called The Broad Ripple Brewpub off of 65th and Cornell the beer hunter aka micheal jackson(english guy not wacko jacko) often frequents that place and there Extra Special Bitter and the Wheat beer at the brewpub is killer.
And on Sundays in Castleton by hooters there is a place called the Beer Sellar that has half price pitchers you can get great beers like Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, Bells and Franzkanier Hefe Weizen pitchers for like 9 bucks.

ESBs are not all that bitter, certainly much less than IPAs are. They're more along the bitterness level of American Pale Ales. The malt character is usually toasty. Fuller's ESB is a good place to start.

I was out at the Hopleaf last night, one of the better beer bars in the country. I had:

Dogfish Head Festina Peche
Surly Bender
North Coast Old Stock Ale
Anchor Old Foghorn
Victory Golden Monkey

So, like a Pale Ale with more toasty malt flavor. Actually that sounds good. I like hops and bitterness a lot, and enjoy beers with a high IBU, but I am often annoyed by the level of bitterness and dryness in most pale ales. But that level, with more malts sounds good.

Thanks

This thread needed this.
anni2.gif