Beer

They don't, unfortunately. Jester King used to distribute out here to Cali, but they wayyy scaled back their distribution. Sucks. They're a fantastic brewery if you're at all into Belgian style farmhouse ales. They have a number of "metal" beers. Here's their Black Metal label:
386.png

20160301_232548.jpg

Weyerbacher Brewing Company - Sunday Morning Stout

This was extremely impressive. Unlike a lot of similar beers, it's balanced between aromas of bourbon and coffee in the nose. The flavors are a good mix of bourbon, coffee and roasty malt sweetness, with the subtle dryness and vanilla character of the barrel coming through as well. It's surprisingly drinkable for a barrel-aged beer that clocks in at 11.3% ABV. The finish is also quite nice, with a subtle sweetness that resembles fresh peaches that stays with you for quite some time. I would be willing pit this beer up against Founders KBS and any other similar products, especially based on the price point, which is quite reasonable at $14.99 for a four-pack. That's how good it is.

Reactions: AlienZombie
New Modern Times double IPA, Hooloomooloo

oJT324c.jpg

Note the word "tropical". Huge tropical hop profile...lots of fruit and white grape notes. A thin 2 Row malt backbone, as is typical of a west coast IPA, really lets the hops shine through.

Backside
Z6uUErj.jpg

One of the many things I love about Modern Times is they always list the ingredients. In this case, there's just too many hops to list. Gonna have to find out what they are...

EDIT: Straight from the owner (he's super active on BA and is pretty much a textbook case for customer interaction), these are the hops used: Simcoe, Eureka, El Dorado, Nugget, Wakatu, Rakau, & Experimental Hop 06277

Last edited:
Drinking one of my favorites at my favorite place...Beachwood Mocha Machine (at Beachwood)

B7fBdes.jpg

This is their imperial chocolate coffee porter. So. Fucking. Good. All of their beers are fantastic, but they really shine with their stouts

20160303_172416.jpg

I took a picture of an actual sculpin at the aquarium today. I figured some people might find that funny. It was in the touch tank.

20160303_180018.jpg

I also had some Cigar City Patio Tools (5% ABV / 32 IBU) at Yard House, which is part of their Nitro series. It's a really smooth Irish-style dry stout. The name is also very punny.

Svijany. I'm not a huge fan of this Czech brewery overall but their dark 'countess' is a special thing for me. Very tasty and gets me drunk way too easily. Plus I have the official glass so fuck you.

I tried to keep my table omni-clean but I'm sure there's space for improvement.

kněžna2.JPG