Beer

I can make that happen ;) and send some of their coffee as well (they have a whole separate coffee program. Their house coffee, Black House (which is used in their Black House Oatmeal Stout) ) won second in some giant national fuck you hipster coffee program

20160307_232300.jpg

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. - Barrel-aged Narwhal Imperial Stout
12.9% ABV / 62 IBUs

Okay, this is great. I think that the regular Narwhal is a pretty solid beer, especially for being so widely available during its release window. This one is just a substantial improvement on that. The bourbon flavor is subtle, and the barrel-aging process has enhanced the already notable dryness of the base beer in a pretty unique way. This is probably one of the best barrel-aged beers in comparison to its base beer, along with Backwoods Bastard in comparison to the regular Dirty Bastard.

20160308_233022.jpg

Founders Brewing Company - Mango Magnifico con Calor
10% ABV

The name means "Magnificent Mango with Heat" in Spanish. I had to try this once I saw that it had habanero in it. It's surprisingly fresh and it almost drinks like a very fancy version of one of those Hispanic fruit sodas, which might be the intention. The sweetness isn't overpowering and the habanero and slight alcohol warmth help balance it out. I still wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't like mango or fruit drinks. It was a nice surprise, but not something that I would buy more than once.

Reactions: unknown
I think I need to buy one of those gay beer glasses. I only have hetero pints.

EDIT: Actually I just found a pretty cool one at home, you might even envy a little.

Reactions: Omni
2012 Stone IRS

pbjdfAr.jpg

One of my favorite beers to age. I feel like 3 years is the sweet spot for this beer. This is just a bit past its prime, but still really good. The chocolate notes have faded a bit. Overall it's much more mellow than fresh (as expected)

Have you had many beers like those before?

I've had like zero porters or black IPAs. I'm now drinking the Porter and it feels like a granny drink to go with a cake. There are those cherry tones and shit. It's 8%ABV but it's just not my thing so far.

EDIT: As I said, we czechs drink the same 2 Pilsners 99.9% of the time, that's why I started using Untappd because I want to explore stuff.

Last edited: