Beer

Onders untappd feed got me in a Euro lager mood ...

DSC01433_zpsqkwbm4q7.jpg

The highlight last night was Funky Buddha's Nikolai Vorlauf imperial stout. It's crazy drinkable for 10.5%.

I found it to have a solid flavor, but the body was a bit thin for my tastes. It didn't have as much of a flavor punch as I prefer.

20160311_150158.jpg

Siren Craft Brew / Cigar City Brewing - Caribbean Chocolate Cake
7.4% ABV

This is a lovely stout. The great combination of classic dry European flavors and typical Cigar City style. I love what they do with wood aging, and this is no exception. The cocoa nibs enhance the malt flavors and the balance between sweetness and dryness is perfect. Amazing effort.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Recent libations: http://imgur.com/a/sPeS6

The Broadacres was a peach berlinner weisse by one of my favorite local breweries. It's basically the place I would want to run: old school horror theme, heavy metal and good beer. Despite the lack of carbonation, this is crushing. Tomorrow is their one year anniversary, and I can't wait

The Funky Universal Friend was delightful. This was my brewday beer. Light, funky, lemony...delicious. Glad I have another bottle

Pics of brewday to be posted later

Drinking something special today after work :)

Matuška Black Rocket IBA. Matuška is the best rated micro brewery in Czech btw.

rakteta 2.JPG

raketa bipa.JPG

Reactions: Omni
I actually have something to contribute to this thread finally!

I'm at Kegs and Eggs at this pub in town and they tapped this today. It's extremely light for an IPA. I was expecting more hops given the name..

Edit: holy shit I'm a dumbass. Didn't realize it's a pilsner. In that case, yes it's really hoppy as far as pilsner go..

Three-Floyds-Brewing-Hopped-In-Half.jpg

Reactions: KMADD and Omni