Beer

They do some pretty solid stuff. Nothing mindblowing but quality. Although, their BA Ten Fidy is tits. They need to a big release of that

probably the regular Ten Fidy, which is also quite good...the BA version was a one-off but was absolutely fantastic.If you do see it, grab ten of them

For all you label nuts, one of my favorites and it's a local brewery

vGK8djA.jpg

Citra dry hopped Belgian blonde with brett. Super dry and grassy. Should be great during summer

Reactions: Omni
Top ten favorite American breweries?

1. Beachwood BBQ & Brewing (Total homer for them)
2. Modern Times
3. Cellarmaker
4. Russian River
5. Firestone Walker
6. Casey (though not technically a brewery...they're a blendery...somebody else brews the wort for them/him)
7. Jester King
8. Crooked Stave
9. de Garde
10. Logsdon

Cigar City Brewing
Pretty Things
Avery
Founders
Dogfish Head
Sixpoint
Dieu du Ciel!
Weyerbacher
Prairie
Crooked Stave

I feel bad for including Crooked Stave so early, but I already know that they'll be on there. I also can't order them, other than Cigar City definitely being tops.

20160320_225506.jpg

Cigar City Brewing - Florida Man Double IPA
9.4% ABV

I don't know if people outside of Florida are familiar with the Florida Man meme and the Twitter account dedicated to it, but this beer is dedicated specifically to the weird character known as Florida Man and his generally outrageous behavior. Despite being labelled as "Crazy Hoppy" and containing a healthy dose of several different tropical hop varieties, the actual IBU of this beer remains a mystery to me because Cigar City doesn't have it listed on their website.

Anyway, this is an excellent double IPA with loads of tropical aromas and flavors. The malt backbone is simple barley and it doesn't overshadow the hops, which are clearly the star of the show. It's still not overwhelmingly one-note like some beers can be, owing to the nine different types of hops used here. This is an excellent beer that has great flavor and loads of hops. I should probably just marry Wayne Wambles at this point.

Cigar City beers all proudly state that they are hecho a mano - made by hand. The label of the beer makes their pride in using the right ingredients apparent.

20160320_225639.jpg

Hmm. I'll try for 10 in no order.

Half Acre
Firestone Walker
Alesmith
Deschutes
Southern Tier
Goose Island
Perennial
Founders
Anchor
Spiteful

Edit: I knew I'd forget good stuff. No excuse for leaving out Ballast Point. Maybe later, Spiteful.

Last edited:
I don't think I like anything from Goose Island. I haven't been drinking much since joining the military but no order with favorite beer from them...

Deschutes (Fresh Squeeze IPA)
Dogfish Head (120 min IPA)
Russian River (Consecration) I want to try Pliny The Elder
Ballast Point (Sculpin IPA)
Southern Tier (Pumking) *on tap, not bottle, with cinnamon on the rim
Founders (Breakfast Stout)

Crafts beers are godly expensive in Hawaii, mix a six is like $30 - $50.

Hey Omni look at my clean table. And the fucking beer. 15%OE, 6,3%ABV, 60IBU Hops: Saaz (CZ), Premiant (CZ), Cascade (US), Amarillo (US). Malts: Czech Pilsen, Bavarian, Caramel, Carapils. It's another Matuška for good boy Ondra.

emtpty.JPG

20160322_054903.jpg

Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project - Mama Bear's Sour Cherry Pie
Burgundy Sour Ale Aged in Oak Barrels with Montmorency Cherries
7% ABV

This was awesome. The aroma was so funky and enticing and the flavor was so bright and lovely. Funk, oak flavors and tart cherries. I love how sour it was. I'm really enjoying everything that I have from Crooked Stave.

Reactions: unknown and Onder
I just had to add a beer to Untappd. I think my first month was a success (there's still two days left, technically), with 44 unique beers.

zaviš.JPG

DSC00826.JPG

simcoe.JPG

Reactions: unknown and Omni
I liked 'not your fathers root beer' better but they both are too sweet for my liking.

I tried that out of curiosity and there's something about the sickly sweet root beer with a funky alcohol bite that absolutely turns my stomach. Took me over a month to finish the 6 pack. What's fucked up is the explosion of alcoholic root beer that shit caused. I counted five different brands at my local WALMART.

Reactions: Caecius and Dak