Beer

Speaking of which, Flying Dog did this last year:

maxresdefault.jpg

It's a nod to Marylanders and it tasted like shit.

Reactions: Omni
There are quite a few stouts with bacon, oysters or crab boiled in the mash. A lot of them are even good.

I've tried around 3-4 Flying Dog beers...nothing special, but I haven't had one in a long time.. I've considered them gimmicky (e.g. names, logos) to attract buyers.

Somehow convinced my dumb self that carrying 3 cases of beer with groceries on a 45 minute train ride is no problem. Anyways it's 2:00 and I'm going to sample one of the beers I picked up as soon as I find my bottle opener. :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 12
View attachment 4662

Prairie Artisan Ales

Bomb!
Christmas Bomb!
Barrel-aged Bomb!
Pirate Bomb!

I'm jealous. I've been trying to get some BA Bomb and Pirate Bomb for a while. Pretty certain BA Bomb has come and gone, but Pirate Bomb is supposed to be coming around. I had the Apple Brandy Barrel Bomb (or Noir?) last year, and it was outstanding. Bomb is already a good beer. I remember when it came out people were shitting themselves trying to get some. Now, it sits on shelves out here

Pirate Bomb! just got here the other day. I was waiting for it, so I can compare them all.

I just had Okie and Coffee Okie today. The regular Okie is awesome, but the Coffee Okie is absolutely phenomenal.

20160325_203833.jpg
20160325_213715.jpg

lJfGgWA.jpg

Highland Park Brewery "Lazy Susan". Highland Park has quickly become one of my favorite LA breweries. They just make some damn good beer, and their owner is a total beer nerd too. This is made with Masumoto peaches, which are notorious for their flavor. The beer is bright, peachy, not too acidic but still slightly acidic and crushable. Love it

Drinking this. Finished lesson planning but I got a shit ton of work to do tomorrow :( I goofed off way too much this week. And drank too much.

Edit: Man this is yummy. It has a chocolatety taste to it. Im finding i really like dark ales.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
At the blind owl brewery again enjoying a pint of that sculpin ipa I also went to the sun king tasting room in fishers and had a delicious dopplebock which the named eluded me and it was one their experimental brews along with an Irish Stout that they are working on.