Beer

It isn't a hipster beer because I know 40 year olds who drink it. I'm having my mom pick up a 12 pack of it tonight. My dad told me that he didn't raise me well if I drink PBR willingly, but he used to drink Red Dog constantly, so he has no room to talk

PBR is a hipster beer because hipsters drink it by overwhelming margins.

Schlitz is actually becoming the new hipster beer because PBR is too obvious and passe.

It's an average lager. I'll drink it when I'm looking for a cheapie.

Surprised to hear that cheap light and ice beers are trendy in some markets. Those tend to be frat boy beers, for lack of better categorization. PBR definitely has a hipster reputation in several markets. I believe it started to gain steam in Philly.

I don't get why Oberon is such a big deal, but wheat beers in general are getting really popular. Stuff like Blue Moon, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Goose Island 312, Pyramid's beers, and several others seem to be doing very well. 312 is everywhere here, but it's probably the worst beer Goose Island makes.

I don't like wheat beer at all most of the time. Regular Sam Adams Boston Ale is alot better then Summer Ale imo. In fact, Boston Ale is one of the best priced ales around here imo. Really good for its price (the bad thing about good beer, they are usually expensive).