Beer

had a Stiegl Weizen Gold yesterday, and it was a nice, cloudy hefeweizen...just how I like them

I went to BevMo today and picked up a couple bottles of Stone's Vertical Epic 08.08.08. I can't wait to try it. I bought two bottles: one to try and one to age (it's supposed to be able to age until 2012). If I really like it, I'll go out and buy a few more bottles.

I was under the impression that the Vertical Epic was not even ready to be opened until X and such date. Amirong?

probably. but you can drink it now (obviously the brewers have if the inspiration for it came from a trip they made earlier in the year...they know what it tastes like).

Wheat beers and ciders are my favorite...though I am finally starting to acquire a taste for Pale Ales (not hardcore enough yet for IPAs)

Ciders are great, but I can't drink them too often. They're really sweet.

I'm not into IPAs either. They're the opposite end of the spectrum. Too bitter.

My favorites are usually stouts; McEwan's, Mackenson's, Lost Coast Oatmeal Stout, North Coast's Rasputin Imperial, Young's Double (like a big chocolate milkshake :cool:).

My favorite beers in order... Kinda.

Delerium Tremens
Chimay Blue
Boulder Hazed & Infused
Butthead
Flying Dog (I get the mixed pack)
Sam Adams White Ale
Amber Bock
Michelob Ultra Amber

It almost like a light IPA, if I remember correctly. Good hop flavor, but not hella strong.

No not the "Hazed & Infused". The other beer they have is a really smooth IPA. Can't remember the name, but I've had it a couple of times. The H&I is something totally different.

No not the "Hazed & Infused". The other beer they have is a really smooth IPA. Can't remember the name, but I've had it a couple of times. The H&I is something totally different.

Their Looking Glass Series IPA (Mojo) is really good with a nice hop flavor. It's been a while, but I have had Hazed and Infused and I thought I remembered it resembling what one might call a light IPA, though it doesn't claim to be related to an IPA. Does it not have a hoppy flavour?

Their Looking Glass Series IPA (Mojo) is really good with a nice hop flavor. It's been a while, but I have had Hazed and Infused and I thought I remembered it resembling what one might call a light IPA, though it doesn't claim to be related to an IPA. Does it not have a hoppy flavour?

It has a strong mix of hops & malt I think. I'm not good with the technicalities. I said I really can't describe the taste. It's unlike any beer I've ever had though, & I've had quite a few. I used to get a different beer every time I bought beer.

The Mojo was the beer I couldn't think of the name. I think it's just like FlyingDog IPA.