Beer

I agree somewhat, but so many of those are limited release, that I can't be sure that they're not worthy. St. Bernardus Abt 12 might be the highest rated easy to find beer. Worth the $10-12 for a bottle.

so I had the Stone Vertical Epic. Wasn't bad. It reminded me a lot of their Barleywine. I've got another bottle that I'm going to let age a bit.

on a side note...I'M GOING TO STONE'S 12TH ANNIVERSARY BEER FESTIVAL! :headbang: over 30 breweries will be there sampling their stuff. should be epic

so I had the Stone Vertical Epic. Wasn't bad. It reminded me a lot of their Barleywine. I've got another bottle that I'm going to let age a bit.

Cool. I love Old Guardian.

on a side note...I'M GOING TO STONE'S 12TH ANNIVERSARY BEER FESTIVAL! :headbang: over 30 breweries will be there sampling their stuff. should be epic

Killer!

There is a beer festival that happens here every fall. It's always an epic event! It's put on by a non-profit organization called Sun Sounds, which basically reads to print disabled people (mostly blind people, but others too). They read the paper, magazines, books, etc on a special frequency, and give out special receivers to people who qualify. My wife reads the paper there every other Friday night.

that's really cool. yeah the Stone thing is set up as a charity event as well...last year they raised $100K which is pretty sweet.

beer, it seems, really is the solution to life's problems

just got two bottles of local high end brews. both belgian style
ommengang abbey ale
Ommegang_bottle_glass.jpg

avery- the reverend

~gR~

I had some Dogfish Head 90 Minute IIPA the last two days. I know a lot of you don't like hoppy beers, but they take a little getting used to. This one is bitter, but packs enough malt that it might appeal to non-hopheads more. It's yummy. nom nom nom