Beer

Just had one of these:

StBernardusTripel.jpg

Really good. reminded me of a really drinkable hefeweizen...really good stuff

Today I bought some Magic Hat #9 for Thanksgiving. I had some on tap last night and it was quite tasty. Hopefully it will also be tasty from the bottle... and if so, I hope my brothers stick to the Sam Adams Winter Lager so I can drink all that shit myself.

That St. Bernardus Tripel is one of my favorites. Make sure to serve it closer to cellar temperature. It brings out lots of fruity pastry flavors.

I've got to cut back on craft beer until I find some work. Have to stick with either Bitburger or cheaper crafts, or go all the way down to malt liquor. I'd rather drink that than regular macros.

Recently got:

Green Flash Barlywine bomber (forget the name). I almost got LeFreak, but I was feeling cheap. Haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to it based on unknown's description.

Very Bad Elf 1 Pint 0.9 oz bottle. This is one in a series:

Bad Elf English India Pale Ale (IPA) 6.00
Criminally Bad Elf English Barleywine 10.50
Insanely Bad Elf English Strong Ale 11.20
Seriously Bad Elf English Strong Ale 9.00
Very Bad Elf English Pale Ale 7.50

The numbers are the ABV. They are all 1 pint 0.9 oz, except the Insanely Bad Elf, which is a 12 oz bottle.

The Very Bad Elf was pretty tasty. Seems more malt balanced and less dry than typical pales. Maybe like an ESB.

6 pack of Anchor Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Tasty spiced winter/dark belgian. This also comes in a Magnum bottle, which is 50.7 oz.

6 pack of some American IPA I forget the name of. It has purple on the label. Not a bad IPA, not the best.

*feeling pressure*

I picked up a bottle of Criminally Bad Elf Barleywine yesterday...it's in the fridge right now getting all nice and chilled

also at BevMo yesterday, I saw one of the ginormous Double Arrogant Bastards...they were only $68. I almost bought one, but they were way too big.

Today I bought some Magic Hat #9 for Thanksgiving. I had some on tap last night and it was quite tasty. Hopefully it will also be tasty from the bottle... and if so, I hope my brothers stick to the Sam Adams Winter Lager so I can drink all that shit myself.

MH #9 is good stuff...the bottled as well.
I finally found and tried Buds new American Ale. Bud is ok but not usually what I drink...until now. Similar to other ales that have been done before but the American Ale is simply delicious.

had the left hand winter and the nefarious 10 pin last night. both very good. thick but very drinkable. and i liked the subtleness of the spices in the left hand.
~gR~