Beer

I'm not so sure what the point of Aprihop is really, but I've seen it get bashed rather hard on other sites. It's not fair to compare to IPAs, which it often is. It won't really appeal to IPA drinkers or fans of more traditional ales, and at 7% with a good amount of hops, it won't pick up tons of casual drinkers or women looking for a fruity beer. DFH never really goes by the book on anything though, and they have way more hits than misses, imo.

fosters.jpg

The only decent Australian beer.

Anyone here drink Saranac? I got this variety pack thingy a while ago, and some of them (i.e. Black Forest and Brown Ale) seemed really good. The India Pale Ale was godawful though.

I wasn't either for the longest time, but then I slowly started getting into them, and now I love 'em!

Last beers I had were a Lagunitas Maximus and a Pilsner Urquell. I enjoyed both. The Maximus was a good drink...kept me happy the whole time.

my mom and her boyfriend went to Napa and San Luis Obispo to visit wineries. They stopped at a brewery along the way, Central Coast Brewing, and picked me up a growler of their IPA, though it might be a IIPA. I'm pretty stoked. it's sittin in the fridge.

Pilsner Urquell is easily the best macro brewed lager ever, awsome imo.

Hmm, anyone up for some beer trading? :p
You US people have so many cool stuff I want to try. :( Not sure how sending beer by mail would work though.

What's everyones favourite trappist btw (I guess non-trappist abbey style works too)?

oh good lord. I love trappist stuff, and I'd like to try more. Chimay, Duvel...St Bernardus...Is Rochefort a trappist? I can't remember. But I love it too

IPAs are great. It's like spicy food. Once you have a taste for them, they don't seem harsh or extreme at all anymore. Most don't seem bitter at all to me.

I like Chimay a lot. They're underrated here because they're so easy to get. I think they make the most beer out of any Trappist by far. Westvleteren is highly valued here since it's unavailable via usual retail. I still have yet to have more than a sip of the Rochefort lineup. They're pricey. Orval is pretty great.

I think I've never 'got' Chimay really. Sure they are good, I mean I've never tried a bad trappist I think, but when it comes to easy to get ones I prefer Leffe even though they aren't a certified trappist brewery.

under rated? no way. way over rated if you ask me. i read a lot of hype about all 3 chimay's and the 2 i've tried were good, but nothing to write home about.
~gR~