Beer

another night at trinity!

dekonnick: yeasty but still kind of light feeling. its probably too strong in taste to have with food, but a good beer to drink and socialize

duchesse de bourgogne: a very grape tasting sour. advertised as a red ale of BA, but i taste no malts or hops. almost taste like wine!

arrogant bastard: oh dear god, TOO MUCH HOPS. deceiving color and name. a darkish color ale should not taste like that!

bier de mars: a new belgium brew. very mild with a hoppy finish. i wasnt impressed
~gR~

was that your first time drinking Arrogant Bastard? I remember the first time I drank Arrogant Bastard I hated it...but now it's one of my favorites.

Drinking a Poleeko Gold Pale Ale by Anderson Valley brewing company. It's not bad. Pretty mild for a pale ale...then again, maybe I've just gotten too used to Stone and Sierra Nevada. It's decent

yeah, that was my first bastard. i dont think i'll try another. i cant even begin to wonder what their IPA is like
~gR~

yeah, that was my first bastard. i dont think i'll try another. i cant even begin to wonder what their IPA is like
~gR~

Arrogant Bastard is awesome! I never hated it, but it took a little getting used to. It's more bitter than their IPA. If you're not a hop fan, no use in trying anybody's IPA. But if AB is just a bit much for you, then you might like their IPA.

If you're looking for good hop flavor with less bitterness, try Might Arrow Pale Ale from New Blegium.

Got a pack of this lately, which is really good:

ShocTop6pack.jpg

to pass AIDS.

seriously, the most contaminated thing in a bar is the fruit. filled with all sorts of bacteria and shit.

fruit should just stay out of beer. some of the spring seasonals with lemon peel brewed into are ok. but these cherry wheat things... wtf?! and there is a difference between beer brewed with fruit and beer with a fruity taste. plenty of good beers with a fruity taste.

and there is absolutely no need for a chunk of orange to be thrown into a beer. you cant even taste it most times
~gR~

Yeah the Blue Moon Rising Moon is delicious. Nicely done with lime peel thats not overwhelming. As far as regular Blue Moon i'm not much of a fan, i'd choose Shock Top over it anyday.