Beer

I know this is gay of me, but I think those Michelob flavored beers are delicious. Great beach beer.

Picked up some Abita Raspberry Wheat today. I'm not the biggest fan of wheat beers, but this is pretty good. Abita make some good brews; I drank them a ton when I was in New Orleans.

I got a Stone Brewery Growler (2L) and a lighted Arrogant Bastard sign at a yard sale the other weekend.

large-GLR2L.jpg

I need to get a new rubber gasket thing. It doesn't have one.

i like the white a bit better. but both have a very warm yet refreshing taste
~gR~

I don't like the White Ale; much to wheat-flavored for my tastes. I like the Summer Ale, but it's still pretty heavy on the wheat.

Picked up a six of Fuller's London Porter a couple days ago. I love Fuller's but it's so expensive.

^ I'd have to disagree the Sam Adams Spring White Ale is better then their Summer Ale.

My fiance just got back from Greece and Italy and she brought me back a few brews. Mythos(Greece) Nastro Azzuro and Peroni (Italy). So far i'm really digging Mythos which is a Hellenic Lager.

We sell Peroni at the grocery store I work at. Been curious about it.

Last week at the bar I had a few beers which I can't remember except for one: Sierra Nevada's Imperial Strikes Black :lol: I thought the name was hilarious, and I have a thing for Sierra Nevada so I had to try it. Talk about a nice and drinkable Russian Imperial Stout. It was really good. Sierra Nevada should actually market it at least once a year

With dinner tonight we opened some Westmalle, Trappist beer from Belgium. It was so good that I don't know if I'll ever buy beers not made in Belgium!

I've got a big bottle of Chimay atop the fridge for some day. Never had it before. I'll add Stella Artois to your list as it's most refreshing.

With dinner tonight we opened some Westmalle, Trappist beer from Belgium. It was so good that I don't know if I'll ever buy beers not made in Belgium!

Yeah Westmalle is great. If you enjoyed that, then you'll probably like all other trappist ales. Chimay White is really good. Rochefort is probably the strongest and darkest, though...it's pretty unique.

So, went to San Diego a couple of weeks ago (on the 11th). Went up to Stone Brewery, ate in their restaurant (excellent and unique food!) and went on the tour. It was very interesting. After the tour we got samples of four of their beers: Smoked Porter, Pale Ale, IPA and Arrogant Bastard. I had tried them all before, but I still enjoyed it. Also got my 2 Liter Growler filled with IPA. It was a good time.

On the tour the guy named a bunch of other San Diego micro-breweries. I didn't realize they had so many good ones there. Green Flash, Port/Lost Abbey and Alesmith are all there, plus a few others. We got a card from a tour van that runs tours. They do a tour of like 3 breweries. That would be fun.